Accord 11 crashes when updating notes with Dropbox

Larry Wing

I've never had this problem before but today when I click on Sync with Dropbox I get a message about syncing with Dropbox (screen shot attached). I just sync'd the other day but I don' think I've used this particular note file for awhile. As I click through to use the DESKTOP version Accordance 11 crashes. It also crashes when I click on Ignore conflicts in the future.

Accord 11 v11.0.4 on Windows 7

Any idea what's going on?

post-31860-0-27949300-1422551407_thumb.png

Edited by Larry Wing

Something is making the program think the note file on your machine and the one on Dropbox are out of sync.

If you are getting a crash, a error report file should be saved on your machine. It would save it on the C:\Program Data\Accordance or in the \Logs subfolder of that. (That can be a hidden folder on some machines, so you have to turn on viewing hidden files to see it.)

Can you check for that?

Thanks!

I found a log with today's date

Memory load (MB): 22% Physical: 16335 Avail: 12706
Free disk user (MB): 650154 All free: 650154
Accordance Version 11.0.4
Date & Time of first logged error message: 2015, Jan 29 16:42
LogUserID: KrcmRqOYu
TUStrArray.StringAtIndex, (index > 0) AND (index <= Length(fArray)) -- index :: 1
TUStrArray.StringAtIndex, (index > 0) AND (index <= Length(fArray)) -- index :: 2
TUStrArray.StringAtIndex, (index > 0) AND (index <= Length(fArray)) -- index :: 3
TUStrArray.StringAtIndex, (index > 0) AND (index <= Length(fArray)) -- index :: 4
TUStrArray.StringAtIndex, (index > 0) AND (index <= Length(fArray)) -- index :: 5
TUStrArray.StringAtIndex, (index > 0) AND (index <= Length(fArray)) -- index :: 6
TUStrArray.StringAtIndex, (index > 0) AND (index <= Length(fArray)) -- index :: 7
TUStrArray.StringAtIndex, (index > 0) AND (index <= Length(fArray)) -- index :: 7

Thanks, that's helpful. I'm guessing, but at this point, I suspect one of the two files are possibly damaged, which is causing problems trying to reconcile good stuff to bad stuff. I'm going to research this a bit and get back to you.

Thanks for the files. I was able to duplicate the problem and make a fix that should be in the next release.

I appreciate the help!

• 1 month later...

Hello, I also started getting crash this evening while syncing with dropbox.  Last month it happened on Accordance 10 and I was asked to upgrade it to 11.  I have done that.  But again it crashed today while syncing.  I have lost my notes file which Accordance warns that it is no longer available.  Here are two crash logs:

Accordance Crash Log
Program Version: 11.0.4
OS Version: 10.9.5

Call trace:
  $001A3C3A
  $001A3477
  $001A41C1
  $004C0B7D
  $00058FF4
  $004F3CFE
  $00909F59
  $9935C2AF
  $00907EB7
  $90C16C39
  $90C166C3
  $90C1667B
  $90C165EE
  $90C164D8
  $90C16C04
  $93AB58CD
  $93B38316

Accordance Crash Log
Program Version: 11.0.4
OS Version: 10.9.5

Call trace:
  $001A3C3A
  $001A3477
  $001A41C1
  $004C0B7D
  $00058FF4
  $004F3CFE
  $00909F59
  $9935C2AF
  $00907EB7
  $90C16C39
  $90C166C3
  $90C1667B
  $90C165EE
  $90C164D8
  $90C16C04
  $93AB58CD
  $93B38316

Thanks for help. 

Hi Moses,

Can you contact us in support so that we can get some more information from you and arrange a screen share? You can email us directly at support@accordancebible.com.

It would help if you can download 'Teamviewer' from www.teamviewer.com (it's free and fast) and send us your Teamviewer user ID and password and one of us will be able to access your computer with a screen share to help correct this issue for you.

You can call us in support at 407-339-0266 or Skype us at: oaktreesupport Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Eastern.

Thanks,

Billy

Thank you Billy for your quick reply.

I live and minister in India, 10 hours ahead of eastern time.  So, your 9.0 am will be 7pm for my time.  I will keep contact you this evening, your morning either on skype or teamviewer.  thanks,

Dear Billy, if you are available, I would like you to connect to my macbook and look into the problem now.

Thanks for help

Edited by Moses

Dear Moses,

I have already emailed you this as well as posting here.

I have just tried to connect to your computer using Teamviewer and the information that you provided and got an error message saying 'A connection could not be established. Teamviewer not running on partner computer.' I double checked the information and tried 3 separate times.

Please let us know when we can do this for you. We are short handed today in the office, but we will do our best to screen share with you as soon as we can today. I realize it is 10:20 p.m. there.

We can certainly do it now, or perhaps we can make an appointment to do this.

Contacting me directly in support is the fastest way to get me.

support@accordancebible.com

Thanks,

Billy

Hi Moses,

Sorry I missed you earlier today (I was helping another customer). I was glad to hear Ryan was able to get everything back up and running for you after resolving all of the duplicate user notes issues.

Best wishes,

Billy