Search for paragraph Headers in (User) Bibles

Fabian

Hello 

Today I've missed a search for Paragraph headers e.g. John 10:1-10 "Jesus the good Shepherd"

I read one time in the Net that often people first search in google, like above "the good shepherd" and then they go in the Biblesoftware and read there the passage. 

It would be nice if we have in Accordance also a possibility to search for Paragraph headers. We can see it in the Info Pane, but we cannot search for them.

It would be good if the Bibles have an on off switch to display the <h>Jesus the good Shepherd</h> and also with the possibility to search them. (Please add this also for User Bibles)

The german Bibles and I believe the others too have headers and it would be good if we can search in the specific languages. 

Because People often remember the passage title, more than a specific word combination in the passage.

Greetings

Fabian

The headers in the info pane are from the Outlines module, which should be searchable. Depending on the text module, you might be able to search the accompanying notes module, but the headings aren't included in the text. Not precisely what you are asking for, but a work around.

• Like 1

That's exactly why we have resisted including the pericope titles in the text.

The titles are taken from the Outlines module, which you can search. Also many of the Notes that accompany Bibles have the pericope titles in them, all searchable. Or you can search the Research/Search All for your phrase.

• Like 2

Thanks. In the service today I was not able. But now it works.

Greetings

Fabian

Helen, i have outlines in the right hand pane on an ios device where i dont think you can search as you need the full text in the left pane. having two panes and quick changes for modules in tools like we have in the bible text view would really enhance its use.

currently i rarely use outlines which is a shame (and yes i know it has links to the text)

• 4 years later...

I still would love to have the ability to display the headings. As a turn on and off feature. 

Then there should be to the "Flex", "Word", "Verse" a fourth possible "headings".  In my opinion this is not user friendly that we have first to search for the Notes in the Library, then we have to search for the "headings". With this workflow Accordance is slower than the competitors. If I had the headings in mind and I want to search for it. 

Especially if you had deleted the headings and don't have made a Notes module like for the Elberfelder-LEM.

Greetings

Fabian