#117) List All and Report a Correction

Timothy Jenney

[Accordance 11: Intermediate] It’s the "little things, the attention to detail that characterize a great product. In this podcast, Dr. J covers three of the “little features” that help make Accordance the world’s premier Bible software: List All Text Differences, List Book Names, and Report a Correction.

Edited by Timothy Jenney
  • Like 2

Dr. J,

Can you help me understand the reason for including a dropdown menu for "List book names" instead of including a Table of Contents button like every other (non-Bible) resource does? Not to mention, that in iOS the TOC button at the top left shows up regardless of what resource you're using. 

Maybe I'm confused or misinformed or something. Can't tell you how many times I get confused as to why there's no TOC button on a Bible....

Thanks!
Dustin

p.s. "Premiere" = something that's brand new; "Premier" = top of the line.

In the ELBER-LEM the drop-down list is not linked.

Greetings

Fabian 

Dr. J,

Can you help me understand the reason for including a dropdown menu for "List book names" instead of including a Table of Contents button like every other (non-Bible) resource does? Not to mention, that in iOS the TOC button at the top left shows up regardless of what resource you're using. 

Maybe I'm confused or misinformed or something. Can't tell you how many times I get confused as to why there's no TOC button on a Bible....

Thanks!

Dustin

p.s. "Premiere" = something that's brand new; "Premier" = top of the line.

In iOS we used a browser (=TOC) in order to save space and keep the User Interface consistent. We recognized it would be slightly different form the desktop version, which historically had only a browser for tools. As for "Why?" the desktop version did that, I have no idea. It has been that way for a long, long time though, I can tell you that.

In iOS we used a browser (=TOC) in order to save space and keep the User Interface consistent. We recognized it would be slightly different form the desktop version, which historically had only a browser for tools. As for "Why?" the desktop version did that, I have no idea. It has been that way for a long, long time though, I can tell you that.

I would encourage you to add a TOC in the desktop client of Accordance. This way features are cross-platform and not confusing to new users. 

Interesting suggestion, Dustin. I'll pass it on!