Ecclesiasticus 

That can't be to difficult.

Greetings

Fabian

No, it is not difficult. These books are already there  :rolleyes:

For example in the NRSV.

Hans

• Like 2

Oh Thanks, but I have it also in German and as User Bible it would be cool too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see that 

You can also import Bible texts that include the Apocrypha. In this case, note that:

• User Bible import of apocryphal books expects Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, and the Letter of Jeremiah to be separate from the books of Daniel and Baruch.
  • User Bible import allows for standard verse insertions in apocryphal sections.
but which book names? because
They are not listed in file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/verse_searches.htm#text_abbreviations

Greetings

fabian

Accordance has not made it a high priority to add in the apocryphal books even when they are easily available in Electronic format. I would love to have it added to God's Word, WEB, Net Bible and TEV, but this seems to be a low priority for them. Indeed it is work and can they charge extra for it? I personally would pay 3-5 dollar upgrade fee, but at that point do they really want to offer multiple copies of the same translation... Would anyone at that point ask for a NRSV/RSV that was 66 book only.

-Dan

Fabian, even if they're (oddly) not included in the Accordance version I believe Luther did translate the Apocrypha. In fact if i remember correctly wasn't Luther's Bible the first to have separate "Apocrypha" section?

Hello Jeremy

Not the version which is in Accordance. And the 84 has the adds of Daniel and Esther but not the rest.

The Pattloch Bibel is more catholic and they has Bel, Susanna etc. 

2nd its odd that this is not listed how, only that we can. Even for others too.

Greetings 

Fabian

• 1 month later...

Please add the possibility to add church fathers etc. 

So we can use the same abbreviations that Accordance use.

post-32723-0-95403300-1428057212_thumb.png

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Accordance has not made it a high priority to add in the apocryphal books even when they are easily available in Electronic format. I would love to have it added to God's Word, WEB, Net Bible and TEV, but this seems to be a low priority for them. Indeed it is work and can they charge extra for it? I personally would pay 3-5 dollar upgrade fee, but at that point do they really want to offer multiple copies of the same translation... Would anyone at that point ask for a NRSV/RSV that was 66 book only.

-Dan

I'm not sure what you mean here. We never exclude the books of the Apocrypha when included in e-texts we receive from publishers. It was not long ago that we updated God's Word, and we did not receive the Apocrypha with it; it wasn't an intentional move on our part. I also do not see that the Apocrypha is included in the NET Bible on their own site. For the WEB and TEV, though not very popular translations, if we had received the Apocrypha when we first developed them we would have included it.

On the other hand, we do have the Apocypha in many translations, NRSV, RSV, KJV, NABRE, NETS, NJB, just to include a sample (not to mention non-English Bibles that include it as well).

• Like 4

Hmm... GW Apocrypha Ebook: The Deuterocanonical Books of the Old Testament and I have the PDF's for  it as they use to be freely available on the GWM website. I am not trying to claim Accordance has no Bibles with  the Apocrypha, just that some translations that have it as an option have never been added. GWN and TEV are the ones I would like most myself. But I understand if the publisher will not allow you to add it. IF you are free to add it I am happy to give you the PDF's.

-Dan

PDF sample of page one of Tobit PDF.

C:\Html\Gword\TOBIT.DOC 9/20/01 9:57 AM Page 1 of 16

TOBIT

Tobit’s Background

1 This book tells the story of Tobit. Tobit was the son of Tobiel, the grandson of Hananiel, and a descendant of Aduel, Gabael, Raphael, and Raguel. Raguel belonged to the family of Asiel, who was from the tribe of Naphtali. 2When Shalmaneser was king of Assyria, Tobit was taken as a prisoner from the city of Thisbe. Thisbe is located north of the city of Asser, south of the city of Kedesh in the territory of Naphtali in northern Galilee, and northwest of the city of Phogor.

Tobit Tells About His Life

3 I, Tobit, have always been faithful to God’s teachings and have lived my life in a way that God approves of. I’ve given many gifts to poor people from my nation, people who were brought as prisoners with me to the city of Nineveh in the country of Assyria. 4 When I was a young man, I lived in the country of Israel. The entire tribe of my ancestor Naphtali rebelled against the dynasty of my ancestor David and against the city of Jerusalem. Jerusalem was the city that had been chosen from among all the tribes of Israel as the onlyplace people could offer sacrifices. The temple, where God is present, was dedicated in Jerusalem and was built to last throughout every generation.

5 All my family, including all the relatives of my ancestor Naphtali, began sacrificing on every mountain in Galilee. They sacrificed to the statue of a calf that Israel’s King Jeroboam had set up in the city of Dan. 6 I was the only one from my family who regularly went to Jerusalem for the religious festivals that everyone in Israel is required to attend because of God’s enduring command. I would take the first produce from my harvest, the firstborn animals from my flock, one-tenth of my cattle, and the first wool sheared from my sheep, and I would hurry to Jerusalem. 7 I would give these things to the priests,

the descendants of Aaron, at the altar.
Then I would give one-tenth of my grain, wine, olive oil, pomegranates, figs, and other fruit to Levi’s descendants

who serve in Jerusalem. Every year, except the seventh year, I would also take a tenth of my money and spend it in

Jerusalem. 8 In fact, in the third year I would bring the money and give it to orphans, widows, and converts to Israel’s religion. We would use the money for a meal, exactly as Moses’ Teachings command and exactly as my great-grandmother

Deboraha taught me. She taught me because I became an orphan after my father died.
9 When I grew up, I married Anna,a woman from my father’s side of the family. We became the parents of a son,

whom I named Tobias.
10 After I was captured and brought to Assyria, I was taken to the city of Nineveh. The whole tribe of Naphtali,

including all my family, began eating food that non-Jewish people eat. 11 But I was careful not to eat that food. 12 Since I have always kept God foremost in my thoughts, 13 the Most High allowed me to make a good impression on Shalmaneser and become Shalmaneser’s purchasing agent. 14 So until Shalmaneser’s death, I used to make purchasing trips for him to the country of Media. Once, while I was in Media, I deposited a large sum of money with my friend Gabael, the son of Gabri. 15 But when Shalmaneser died and his son Sennacherib succeeded him as king, the roads in Media became unsafe, and I couldn’t travel there anymore.

16 During the time that Shalmaneser was king, I gave many gifts to those who were poor among my people. 17 I gave my food to those who were hungry and my clothes to those who didn’t have enough to wear. If I saw that the dead body of one of my people had been thrown outside the wall of Nineveh, I would bury it.

a 1:8 Some manuscripts read “my grandmother Deborah.”  

PS: https://bible.org/netbible/lists the books there as incomplete but the ones translated are there... and I admit it would hardly be fair of me to expect you to include an  incomplete work as part of your offering.

PPS: It is sad that the TEV has fallen into the category of unpopular but again I do understand the need to prioritize what you do based on popularity. Since the Bible gateway/ Bible Society have them does that mean if the TEV is ever updated they may include them? https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=sir+1&version=GNT http://www.biblesociety.org.uk/the-bible/search-the-bible/GNB/

Edited by Dan Francis

Thanks for the clarification, Dan.

I was wondering if it is not something Accordance can/will do, is it possible to compile a Bible module apocrypha only in in accordance?

-Dan

Hi dan, i accept its not complete but there are also a few in the new jerusalem bible which is in accordance.

From the publisher's site:

This Catholic Edition includes the ‘Apocryphal’ or ‘Deuterocanonical’ books placed in their correct order among the other books of the Old Testament.

(The JB with study notes was my take everywhere hard copy for many years and i actually had it rebound, happy days!)

Edited by ukfraser

Although I think the standard, worldwide, version of the ESV doesn't include the Apocrypha, it is available here (England) with it included. Our lectionary also includes readings from it. It would be great if the extra books could be added to the ESVS.

I know it doesn't have quite the same authoritative status. Nevertheless, since the Authorised (KJ) Version included it, it puzzles me why both it and other translations like the RSV and NRSV which include the Apocrypha are so widely printed without it. The difference in price is usually not very great, making the extra books incredibly good value for money. Some translations, like the NIV, have never translated the extra books at all, which is equally puzzling.

The ESV apocrypha books are under copyright by Oxford who did them. so you will rarely see copies with it.

-Dan

• 3 years later...

Please add the possibility to add the books of

Susanna,

Bel and the Dragon,

Song of the tree Children,

Rest of Esther,

Ecclesiasticus 

That can't be to difficult.

Greetings

Fabian

And Letter Jeremia

Please add endlich (finally) the information to http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX12/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/verse_searches.htm#text_abbreviations

post-32723-0-84343000-1542208267_thumb.png

Is this so difficult?

Fabian

Oh Thanks, but I have it also in German and as User Bible it would be cool too.

Read the LXX. Who needs translations!!

Also worth noting FL and OT both offer an edition of the TEV with the Apocrypha (just saying)... But in the same breath I would not want projects delayed for what may be a little requested work...

-dan