Analytical Lexicon to the Septuagint

Fabian

Why would this work be necessary in Accordance? Bible software has made analytical lexicons obsolete. To achieve the same effect in Accordance, highlight the text, right-click, choose Look Up: Parsing.

Here's Genesis 1:1-2.

Screen Shot 2015-02-21 at 4.41.17 PM.png

Hey Fabian,

How is this work different from the tagged Rahlfs and the LEH lexicon that already exist ? I could not see sample pages so it was hard to judge but the description on the page you sent suggests the work is basically a combination of the two.

Thx

D

Oh 

Honesty I saw this and was searching the Accordance Store if this exist. But you are both right. 

I see also not in the book, so this request can perhaps deleted.

Greeting

Fabian

Well, I think that if you have an analytical lexicon, you are likely to get all the possible morphological identifications for a given string of letters (e.g., if a 2nd person plural form can be either indicative or imperative, the analytical will tell you that).  However, Accordance has opted to be interpretive (to some extent), not just identifying how the word may be used, but telling you its opinion on a particular instance, without adding the other possibility/possibilities.  

For example, in Romans 5:2 you find instant details, "καυχώμεθα καυχάομαι   Verb 1 plur pres mid indic to boast, glory [ESVS] G2744  rejoice "

And I note that Look Up > Parsing gives "Verb first plural present middle indicative"

I would interpret it as subjunctive (as the preceding ἔχωμεν ), but Accordance doesn't mention that possibility. An analytical (I presume) would.

As to the Hebrew, I would prefer that all hifil imperfect forms which can be morphologically jussive, be also thus identified.

I would prefer that Accordance give the possibilities, & let the user decide -- in which case the analytical would be obsolete.

Edited by Enoch