I'm embarrassed to ask

Larry Wing

I've had my library set to only open when I click on the Library icon but want to change to either popover or always open when starting Accordance 11 v 11.04/Windows 7.

The help file says I can enable in Preferences->Appearance but I don't see any settings for the Library. I also can't find any other Libarary settings in Preferences.

I'm embarrassed to ask how to change to either popover or always displayed.

post-31860-0-70773200-1424890985_thumb.png

Hi Larry,

No problem! If I understood your request correctly, I think the option you're looking for is in Preferences->Workspace. You'll see the second checkbox that says "Always Show Library as a popover (override with shift key)". I use this feature often myself. :)

Hi, Larry!

NEVER be too embarrassed to ask questions on this forum. All of us had to learn Accordance at some point. Most of us still forget stuff regularly and still have to be reminded (yours truly included). In many of the seminars I teach, there is at least one person who knows more than I do about every single topic.

• Like 1

Thank you to both of you. Fixed. I don't know how I missed it.

Looks like the help file needs updated though as it still says "Appearance".

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if we're going for embarrassing questions, I can't figure out how to create a new topic to pose a new question on this forum!

Well, if we're going for embarrassing questions, I can't figure out how to create a new topic to pose a new question on this forum!

Hi Arnold,

It took me a while to figure it out too. I am sure there is probably a more "approved" way, but here is what I do:

1. Click the Forums Tab at the top of the window.

2. Click on the category that I want to post in like "Bug Swatters" or whatever area you are wanting to post in.

3. At the top right there is a box to start a new topic.

Hope that helps.  

Of course there are help files if you want to read the approved way:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=help

Edited by Tony Lawrence
  • Like 1