Problem with a QuickSilver script

jana

I am trying the scripts for Accordance in Quicksilver. Most of them work, but the module Accordance Verses doesn't seem to work.

E.g. typing Psalm 1:1 results only in the Accordance screen with my standard translation beginning with Gen 1. Using the Words module I see the words appear in the search window indeed. Nothing happens with Verses. I hope there is some solution.

When I started with the scripts there was a strange error which I solved. Choosing a book from NT resulted in: "book not found", and the other texts appeared in an translation which wasn't my standard, Dutch Staten.

So I suggested it has to do with some preferences of Accordance. I wasn't able to figure out which one, so I copied the Accordance preferences folder from my iBook to the desktop computer. That worked.

I am trying the scripts for Accordance in Quicksilver. Most of them work, but the module Accordance Verses doesn't seem to work.

E.g. typing Psalm 1:1 results only in the Accordance screen with my standard translation beginning with Gen 1. Using the Words module I see the words appear in the search window indeed. Nothing happens with Verses. I hope there is some solution.

Jana,

First question is, does the "Accordance Words" action work? They use identical workflows, so that will tell something.

If neither work, then you have overlooked I would guess the Quicksilver Actions for Accordance ReadMe file which explains you need to check "Enable access for assistive devices" in the "Universal Access" system preferences panel. Doing this gives permission for the script to "physically" manipulate the menus and cursor when in Accordance, since what the script "Accordance essentially does is bring Accordance forward, press ⌘ N to create a new window, press ⌘⌃ V to switch to Verses, type in your verse text string, and hit return.

If you're still getting no joy, then I'd suggest making a report of all the scripts which aren't working, and go from there. You're welcome to email me (see my profile).

When I started with the scripts there was a strange error which I solved. Choosing a book from NT resulted in: "book not found", and the other texts appeared in an translation which wasn't my standard, Dutch Staten.

So I suggested it has to do with some preferences of Accordance. I wasn't able to figure out which one, so I copied the Accordance preferences folder from my iBook to the desktop computer. That worked.

I would expect problems with international system settings, but I'd have to know more to guess what was happening here.

Jana,

First question is, does the "Accordance Words" action work? They use identical workflows, so that will tell something.

Yes that works. And the Assistive Devices is on from the beginning.

So, with Verses no second search window is opened, no verses are typed.

I use Hebrew, so typing gen 1:1 or gen 1,1 and choosing BHS: no result.

Using the first module: I cannot figure out if this works, I see no results in e.g. MS Word.

What works is Accordance Display, Maps.

I would expect problems with international system settings, but I'd have to know more to guess what was happening here.

Concerning the preferences: the preferences on both computers were not identical.

Under Parallel Window:

Good Preferences NT Text "KJV" grayed out

Wrong Preferences NT Text "JPS" grayed out

I don't know by which option this is generated. Anyhow: OT in NT gives the right choice (Staten).

Jan Aukes

Amsterdam

My configuration:

iBook, iMac PowerPC, 10.4.9

Jana,

I emailed you a series of questions a couple days ago, but haven't heard back from you. I suspect your issues have something to do with a unique setup you have, and not conducive to public discussions.

I'm having a hard time understanding some of what you're describing.

Joe

Jana,

I emailed you a series of questions a couple days ago, but haven't heard back from you. I suspect your issues have something to do with a unique setup you have, and not conducive to public discussions.

I'm having a hard time understanding some of what you're describing.

Joe

Hi Joe

Your mail was directed to my Junk box, so I didn't noticed it. I sent you a reply.

Jan,

I have determined that you issue is with the proper identification of book names.

There are limitations with the Accordance Apple Event call regarding non-English texts, so I think this is the issue. Unfortunately, I can't figure out a workaround for you (something that wouldn't be that difficult), because I don't have a that Accordance module.

I get a steady stream of emails regarding "How can this work in my situation", and I do ALOT of guesswork because my access to modules is limited. Sometimes I can help.

I've sent you an email with a couple suggestions but I'm not sure I'll be able to help.

(Please understand that I am not affiliated with Oak Tree software, and they are not responsible for any third party add ons.)

Archived