Help! Accordance won't open on any of my devices

David Foster

I want to say that Accordance is crashing, but it's not even really opening, not on my Mac or on my iPod. When I click on it it shows up at the top of the screen (next to the apple: Accordance/File/Edit/View etc) for a couple of seconds but then disappears. I've restarted both devices but nothing happens. When I try to open it on my iPod nothing happens... 

Any ideas? 

PS- everything is current except for my iOS... I have installed the latest update. 

On your iPod, open the Setings App, scroll down the list on the left until you see Accordance. Touch the aAccordance entry. Turn on "remove Saved Session" and"clear download cache." Then try Accordance again. If that doesn't do it, turn on "Reset User Content" and try again.

On your Mac, hold down the option key while starting Accordance. This should get you a safe mode dialog. Check "Remove Startup Session" and then click "Launch Accordance". Don't try any other option in this dialog without consulting Accordance help staff first.

Lorinda

Thanks Lorinda, it worked for the iPod but not for the computer... I just get a box saying that Accordance crashed?!

Any other ideas?

On your iPod, open the Setings App, scroll down the list on the left until you see Accordance. Touch the aAccordance entry. Turn on "remove Saved Session" and"clear download cache." Then try Accordance again. If that doesn't do it, turn on "Reset User Content" and try again.

On your Mac, hold down the option key while starting Accordance. This should get you a safe mode dialog. Check "Remove Startup Session" and then click "Launch Accordance". Don't try any other option in this dialog without consulting Accordance help staff first.

Lorinda

You can also try removing the General settings file in the safe mode startup. If this also fails, please email tech support. I am in your timezone and will try to help via TeamViewer or Skype.

Thanks Helen, I tried it but it only the registration screen came up and then it crashed... so I'll try contacting support. 

David

Well I did a team viewer session with the support guys but the problem seems to be only partially solved... Accordance is up and running, I've managed to import my highlights file from dropbox (since that was the corrupt file that was causing it to crash) but I still have a couple of problems. 

One is that a lot of the purchases I've made over the past 6 months to a year aren't there anymore (for example the ISBE Revised and the IVP Jesus and the Gospels Revised Addition), so I'm wondering where they went? 

Also, an "Old Preferences" file was left on my desktop and I'm not sure where to put it in order to restore all my old preferences. Also, I'm hoping that this will solve the problem with the workspaces??? I have them in the old accordance file (also on my desktop) but no matter what I do to try and import them, nothing happens. I did double click on it but when I did the half of the window in one of the zones was blank and the table of contents didn't work. The chapters were listed but when I clicked on the chapter nothing happened...?! 

Any ideas for next steps? 

Here's a picture of the missing window: 

post-31126-0-22405300-1426605981_thumb.jpg

Also, the user notes folder also has some strange notes in it now (amynotes) and the 3 blank ones...not sure what to do with them? Here's a picture

post-31126-0-47476700-1426606564_thumb.png

And lastly, this was the user highlight repair log in my Accordance file... has anyone ever seen this before (where there are two lines crammed into one)? 

post-31126-0-07278000-1426606727_thumb.jpg

Hi David,

It will be faster for you to contact us directly, rather then through the forums to reach us. Hopefully, we can find a more stable internet connection, so that we can connect again with Teamviewer.

Concerning your workspaces, you do need to make sure that your workspaces have the .accord extension on them. Your user note files are a mixture of different formats and you will need get down to one version of each in Acc Files and Dropbox. Although you restored an earlier, uncorrupted version of your highlights, you can forward the Highlights repair log file to us if you wish. Please see the e-mail I sent you for more detailed instructions on each of these steps.

Ryan

Okay, found the email Ryan... thanks so much for all your help!