Suggestion for social sharing: more options for formatting

rpavich

I love the new sharing to face book but if it's going to be useful and usable, it must be automatic. It should be as easy as choosing the passage and that site and choosing ok.

At this point the formatting isn't to my liking and so I have to move the verse references to the end of the passage, and take out those annoying inline verse numbers, it's just barely better than copy/pasting by hand.

If we could preset all of the formatting just once before we share then that would be great. I'd foresee it only needing to be done once because once it's set I wouldn't change it.

I hope that makes sense.

Amid I hope you know that I'm not dissing on the app or your hard work, just making a suggestion.

• Like 1

There is a lot we'd like to be able to do in our mobile app, but we are constrained by two things.

First, the touch interface offers far fewer options than computers with their mouse/trackpad clicks, plus all the modifier keys. We expanded the Action menu as much as we could, but even that method means an action is two steps, rather than the one that computers use in our main application.

Second, we already offer more customization than +90% of all apps, though it pales in comparison to our full (computer) app (which offers virtually endless customization). Most people just expect an iPhone/iPad app to work, without any tweaking required. We're already pushing that boundary. Besides, the small display size and limited screen space means we'd have to "nest" additional preference menus for Accordance Mobile, making the UI even more complicated.

It's a balancing act, for sure.

• Like 1

There is a lot we'd like to be able to do in our mobile app, but we are constrained by two things.

First, the touch interface offers far fewer options than computers with their mouse/trackpad clicks, plus all the modifier keys. We expanded the Action menu as much as we could, but even that method means an action is two steps, rather than the one that computers use in our main application.

Second, we already offer more customization than +90% of all apps, though it pales in comparison to our full (computer) app (which offers virtually endless customization). Most people just expect an iPhone/iPad app to work, without any tweaking required. We're already pushing that boundary. Besides, the small display size and limited screen space means we'd have to "nest" additional preference menus for Accordance Mobile, making the UI even more complicated.

It's a balancing act, for sure.

Ok...lol...then make the default

Passage

citation

Tiny picture here

:)

the reason I say that is that at this point it's as easy to {copy passage > open FB > paste > fix formatting} as it is to use the app once you fix all of the formatting stuff and bonus, you don't get the giant picture to go along for the ride. :)

Edited by rpavich
  • Like 1

Tried to post on Facebook Ps 19:14, NRSV. I also don't like current formatting. Why does it start with the reference to Accordance? I understand that the developers want to promote their app, but is it really necessary for Bible texts to start with these ads? I think the Bible text should come first, without verse numbers, poetry spaces (extra tabs) should be removed, then at the end all references should be placed, like this:

“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.” Ps 19:14, NRSV.

Edited by Guntis