iOS 2.0 Bug: Additional Pane Module Selector Causes Crash

Mac72583

Hi, I wonder if anybody else is having this same issue since updating to iOS 2.0. When I try to select a different text to read in the parallel text pane, the app immediately crashes. For example, while reading in BHS-T, the default parallel text is also BHS-T. However, if I try to switch to the NRSV or the LXX by tapping the module selector, the app crashes immediately.

I have had this crash too. It is fairly frequent. Restarting the app and trying again usually does not crash the app.

This is happening only to certain users (not to me, for example), and is therefore hard to track down. Please send the crash log reports to our support department.

You can access the crash report on your iOS settings. Settings/Privacy/Diagnostics & Usage/Diagnostic & Usage Data/

Find the crash log using the date and time stamps and open it. Long tap the screen and select copy. Stretch the handles to cover the entire report and then copy it and email it to us in support and we will forward it to the iOS programmers to analyze and debug.

I have had the same experience and have not reported it before now - basically because I've not been able to duplicate the problem "on demand."

I did my rigorous testing this morning and it did crash my iPad app. I went to the crash log area and didn't find a crash log to send.

This crash has happened related to selecting a second pane text about 5 times to me. Every time I've not been able to reproduce it after the app resets.

A difficult bug to catch...I'm thinking it is about like trying to catch a fly with chopsticks...

Hi Helen. Could you tell me what the beginning of the log entry should look like? There are two dozen or so different entries or so that might match up with a crash (there have been many). Thank you in advance.

Hi Mac72583,

Accordance Mobile crash logs typically begin with "iAccord_{date}_{device name}...".

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for that. If that's the case, then I don't have any Accordance crash logs on my iPad. I'm not sure if this matters, but the app never totally "closes." When I tap the parallel text pane, I get sent to my iPad's home screen. Then, when I double-click the home button, Accordance still seems to be running. When I select it, it resets back to the screen I was on when I originally opened it. Is there some other way I can get/send in the diagnostic information?

I too have had this problem on occasion. It just happened to me and I can confirm there is no crash log for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, it happened to me last night, after i had downloaded nivac. It happened a few weeks ago and i think it was at the same time i had just downloaded an update or purchased something. What i am getting round to is i think this additional resource module pane crash may be associated with a background refresh after adding content. Both my iaccordance and ios are on the latest on my ipad2.

Has anyone else who experienced the crash noticed that? Couldnt find a crash log and i am pretty certain i had already opened nivac in it own window first so it wasnt download related. But you can appreciate, i was thinking more about my new content!

Edited by ukfraser

This crash is  not producing a crash log for some reason.  And it is not happening consistently enough to be able to reproduce it while debugging.  So it's a tricky one to resolve.  We've made a few changes in the internal builds that appear to make this better.  But, unfortunately, it is not yet fully fixed.  

Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...

At this point, any attempt to use the parallel pane produce a CRASH with no crash log! It would be nice to have this feature.

Edited by benzab

I, too, have this problem. I typically have my iOS app open with two text modules--an English text and a Hebrew or Greek text. When I opened it recently (yesterday), there was only an English text open. When I chose the drop down menu (in order to select a text) the application crashed (leaving no crash report).

I experimented a bit and tried the following:

1. I opened the app and chose a different Engl text...it worked (single text only)

2. I opened the app and chose a Greek text (GNT)...it worked (single text only)

3. I opened the app and chose a Hebrew text (HMT)...it crashed (single text only)

I did another sync, and I even "unsynced" and "re-synced" my HMT...but it crashed again when I tried to open up a second text pane.

So, any help that can be given to this bug would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have a new version of the app currently in review with Apple, in which we have provided fixes that should take care of the crashes. It should be available soon. 

• Like 2