Luther 2017

Fabian

Hello

In 2017 comes a new Luther Bible. It would be cool if this were able in Accordance for the 500 year anniversary.

And if Accordance can update the Timeline with the "Dates" See timeline in http://www.luther2017.de

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

^bumping this request up.

Are there any news? On September 16th 2015 the final text for the Luther 2017 (revision - not only a corrected version) was finalized and given to the EKD.

Do Accordance and Deutsche Bibel Gesellschaft have any plans ?

New info: On Facebook DBG replied that they actually do have plans to release the Luther2017 for Accordance. But they couldn't share any release date, yet. Just, yes its coming. (Maybe its 31.10.2017.... ;)

(the print editions from Luther2017 are scheduled for October 2016)

Edited by JayDee
  • Like 2

New info: On Facebook DBG replied that they actually do have plans to release the Luther2017 for Accordance. But they couldn't share any release date, yet. Just, yes its coming. (Maybe its 31.10.2017.... ;)

(the print editions from Luther2017 are scheduled for October 2016)

Hopefully with a Strong's or GK/E tagging.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Strong tagging ? I dunno believe that will come... the Luther App is Free until 31.10 for iOS ihr android devices direct in the App stores from deutsche bibelgesellschaft

• Like 1

I doubt we will have it this year, but I hope we will have the lemmatized version which enables smarter searching in German, but no links to the Greek or Hebrew. We do hope to have Key Number tagging on an older Luther edition.

We do hope to have Key Number tagging on an older Luther edition.

That would be great.

Greetings

Fabian

Strong tagging ? I dunno believe that will come... the Luther App is Free until 31.10 for iOS ihr android devices direct in the App stores from deutsche bibelgesellschaft

Wenn ich das recht gesehen habe ist die App kostenlos bis 31.10 2017. Also noch ein Jahr. 

Startet die App bei dir korrekt? Bei mir kommt nach dem öffnen nur die (Sanduhr).

Grüsse

Fabian

Startet die App bei dir korrekt? Bei mir kommt nach dem öffnen nur die (Sanduhr).

Hi Fabian,

Same for me.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

Hi Fabian,

Same for me.

Regards,

Michel

Thanks for the info.

I will write to the GBS.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

Hello 

The GBS has confirmed the bug with older iPhones models or with weak internet connections.

This has be solved in a week.

Greetings

Fabian 

Hilft nicht, dass ich für die Gottesdienstvorbereitung keine aktuellen Luthertext habe - diese extra App ist viel zu Klickibunti.

Hilft nicht, dass ich für die Gottesdienstvorbereitung keine aktuellen Luthertext habe - diese extra App ist viel zu Klickibunti.

For the MFchi Biblesoftware the Lutherbible 2017 with Lemma is available right now! https://www.die-bibel.de/shop/themenwelten/lutherbibel-2017/bibeldigital-lutherbibel-2017-2054

Sometimes I have my questions. I'm sure you know what I mean... You work with the GBS, the GBS sell also texts and tools for Accordance. I'm sure it was possible to sign a contract before it was released. Enough time to action. My original post was from the April 15.

And PLEASE make  contacts for the other texts and tools from the GBS, like the LXX-D 2. und erweiterte Ausgabe mit Anhang (LXX in German 2nd and extended edition with Notes) etc...

<edit>Maybe I'm wrong and tomorrow we can download it from the Accordance shop. That would be cool, but don't forget to add the other tools from the GBS anyway</edit>

Fabian

Hoffentlich kann man morgen die neue Bibel laden. Ansonsten bleib nur der Kauf der eBook Variante und dann Einpflegen.

Grüsse

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Hi,

the iOS app of Luther-2017 published by DBG (GBS) works fine on my device... BUT: It's nothing compared to Accordance and it's not integrated in the typical workflow for preparing a sermon.

So, I'm really hoping to see the 2017 text in Accordance soon so that I will not have to work with two apps in parallel.

And: Links to Greek and Hebrew would be great - but we'll probably have to wait for it.

BTW: Are there any plans to include the Psalms of the "BasisBibel" translation one day? 

Thanks,

Till.

• Like 1

Hey JayDee, in the interests of improving my German, what's Klickibunti mean ? I can sort of guess but I'd like to know if I'm reading it correctly.

Many thanx

D

• Like 1

BTW: Are there any plans to include the Psalms of the "BasisBibel" translation one day? 

Mein lieblings dt. Uebersetzung - I like how it's divided into clauses - very clever.

• Like 1

Hey JayDee, in the interests of improving my German, what's Klickibunti mean ? I can sort of guess but I'd like to know if I'm reading it correctly.

Many thanx

D

Hey Daniel,

"Klickibunti" is a more negative term for (example) a too colourful or playful software design.. the new DBG App for the Luther 2017 is a nice gift and im greatful for it. I asked my students to Download it. But for myself I need or want to have the new Luther text in Accordance - for understandable reasons... 

Edited by JayDee
  • Like 1

Thanx JayDee. I got the negative connotation but was off on the meaning. Thanx for clearing that up.

Thx

D

For those in the Android world the App, at least on my Note III, works ok. It's lexicon does not appear to have a search nor does there appear to be a way to search directly from the bible text. So I'm not sure exactly how to make use of it really. Also, I was a bit nonplussed by the fact that you can only swipe across pages to turn from page to page and that there is no scrolling feature for the text.

The Maps are nice though few.

Anyhow, Acc on Android with this text would be a nice place to be I expect. In the meantime this will hold, particularly if they update the app a bit.

Thx

D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any news on the release ? DBG only says its currently in talks with Accordance...

Any news on the release ? DBG only says its currently in talks with Accordance...

We're finished with the development aspect, and are waiting on final approval from DBG to release. No word on an exact release date yet.

• Like 1

We're finished with the development aspect, and are waiting on final approval from DBG to release. No word on an exact release date yet.

Good news! Ty!

• 1 year later...

Hello

And if Accordance can update the Timeline with the "Dates" See timeline in http://www.luther2017.de

Greetings

Fabian

Many thanks for expanding the timeline. 

But I was hoped, Accordance does include dates of the reformation, church fathers, other church related dates as other Bible software has it in their Timeline.

Yes I know I can do it for me. But I'm not interested in doing so, because I can't share it with others and we can't merge the dates.

Greetings

Fabian