Mounce lexicon question

mortenjensen

Hi all,

On iOS, I use Mounce's concise dictionary as my standard Greek lexicon and like it a lot for its word definitions as well as the statistics supplied.

How does his Analytical Lexicon compare to this one? http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Mounce%20Analytical

- is it the same, only more advanced?

- or is it something apart (the one termed dictionary and the other lexicon)?

I guess, what I would like to know is if the Analytical Lexicon can be used as my new standard Greek dictionary in iOS giving the same as the concise dictionary, only more in-depht?

Morten

I meant: how does the concise dictionary compare to the analytical lexicon?

Hey –

The Mounce Concise gives you definitions in English, stats, transliteration, and a quick way to check different versions.  It is geared mostly for the English-only reader, but useful for us all.

The Analytical Lexicon gives you not just a definition, but also the principle parts of the a verb, for instance.  There is also a list of forms underneath that may or may not be different inflections of the word.  It is very useful to a Greek student to be able to see forms that are similar but but not derived from the verb at hand.  It's the best resource, in my opinion, for getting what you need for vocabulary cards,  It has a very useful Appendix, too.  If you are studying Greek, or plan to take up the language, I would highly recommend it.  If you plan to stick with your native language, you would probably not find it very useful.

post-330-0-78184000-1428324491_thumb.jpg

post-330-0-24758900-1428324512_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, this is very useful. One thing more: does it have an entry for every Greek word like the concise?

Every Greek word in the UBS3rd NT, I think.  I would be very surprised if it didn't, but I don't know for sure.