Switching between Words and Verses

Tom Castle

Hey all...

I seems like I remember David Lang giving someone a keyboard shortcut that switches between Words and Verses. Now looking through the help file, I found command+control+W changes to Words and command+control+V changes to Verses. I seem to remember a single key shortcut that cycled between the two. Does anyone know what that is or am I just dreaming??

Apple and ; does it for me.

Hope this helps.

Apple and ; does it for me.

Hope this helps.

THANK YOU!!! That is the one :)

There's also direct key combos if you don't want the burden checking out the current state. :)

⌘⌃V

⌘⌃W

Edit:

I didn't notice you did state these direct key combos in the original post.

To make up for my wasting of web space, time and energy... let me offer a tip.

I love apps that have quick access to a cheat sheet of their keyboard combinations. You can make on to the Accordance help file key combination cheat sheet. Right click on the Accordance application and choose "Show Package Contents" and then navigate through the folders to the file "keyshort.hmtl". The full path is probably:

/Applications/Accordance folder/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance Help/ref/keyshort.html

Now, you can then drag an alias (or a copy) of that file to your desktop, or an alias to your dock, or through whatever quick launcher you like to use. Personally, I have an alias catalogued with Quicksilver and then a simple keystroke brings it up.

However you do... activate and ... bam... it opens in your browser.

Or, if Spotlight is your thing, you can dynamically find the Accordance help file in live searching that contains your topic of interest. Spotlight does not normally index files within application bundles... but you can tell it to do otherwise.

1. Launch the Terminal application

2. Run this single line:

mdimport -f /Applications/Accordance folder/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance Help/

You'll need to alter the line to match your application location.

3. Test Spotlight and see that it now works. For instance, in Spotlight type "Accordance keyboard" and you'll see the "keyshort.html" file come up at the top.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all...

I seems like I remember David Lang giving someone a keyboard shortcut that switches between Words and Verses. Now looking through the help file, I found command+control+W changes to Words and command+control+V changes to Verses. I seem to remember a single key shortcut that cycled between the two. Does anyone know what that is or am I just dreaming??

Tom,

There is a great little utility that gives most all the keyboard shortcuts in EVERY application (including Accordance) on your Mac INSTANTLY.

KeyQue. ( Demo free or only $13 bucks today.)

Archived