The Persistent Highlight Verse Bug

Enoch

Is there some reason why when one highlights a verse number plus a little blank space to the right of the verse number, why one should get a rebuke box instead of a highlight?  The false rebuke box says one cannot highlight both a verse and words.  When this happens, then one wastes time going back & making sure that no blank space has been highlit.  IMHO, this is a bug.

Now when one highlights 2 or more verses & includes both verse numbers & the words, the system nicely goes ahead & highlights what you want.  This bug only happens with 1 verse or less.  For if one should highlight a verse number & the verse following, the rebuke box pops up.

Is there any purpose at all for the system refusing the highlight & instead giving you the pop up rebuke?

Hi Enoch,

to highlight a whole verse just place the cursor in the reference and select the highlight style. You don’t need to select the entire reference. I realise this doesn’t deal with Accordance’s finickiness about selections but it is a very handy solution to the issue.

Ken, this probably works only if you uncheck the Preferences/Amplify/Require selection for amplifying.

Thanks Helen, it works for me either way. I usually have that pref checked, but it’s the way I usually highlight a verse. And it works from the palette or the contextual menu. :-)