Persistent Crash when using BHS-T

Anthony Pyles

I am on an iPad 3 running iOS 8.3 and iAccord 2. For some time (going back to 1.7 and previous iterations of iOS 8) I frequently get a crash when viewing a passage in the BHS-T module and attempting to increase the font size.

Usually I can shut down the program and it will reopen to some place I was prior to opening BHS-T. Today, despite shutting the program or even turning the iPad off and back on, I cannot successfully reopen iAccord. I'm trying a hard reset now and we'll see how it goes.

Please help! Thanks,

Tony

No luck after a hard reset. Does this mean I need to delete and reinstall it? Because then I have an awful lot of content to reinstall. And I've done that before to try and stop this persistent crash and it did not eliminate it.

Thanks,

Tony

Not sure what you mean by a hard reset. I would reset the Accordance buttons in the Settings of the iPad. If you can get it to launch, I would remove the BHS-T from Accordance and reinstall it. Yes, you may need to reinstall the app and its modules, but I agree that is only as a last resort.

My guess is that you have the display settings for BHS-T set to show paragraphs. I would recommend setting it to show verses to reduce the memory footprint when using large font sizes.

Thank you, Helen and Scott. I reset things in Settings and then switched BHS-T to show verses, and no crashes since (yet). I'll let you know how it goes. (By hard reset I meant forcing the iPad to reboot by holding down the home and power buttons.)

It's good to know, Scott, that having it as paragraphs is causing memory overload. But it may prove to be a problem for me, because I like to use my iPad to project the Hebrew text when I'm teaching, and showing as paragraphs allows more text to show at a time, even with the font quite large. Can I get around it perhaps by searching for a specific passage and then enlarging and showing paragraphs, making sure to reduce the size and/or switch to displaying verses before touching the glasses icon?

Thanks for your help,

Tony