Crash when attempting to use custom Highlights

jdemps76

I use Accordance on my iPad as well as a Windows PC. I sync my user files through Dropbox.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed that whenever I set my Highlight preference in Mobile to use my custom highlight file from the PC that it will crash as soon as I select 'highlight'.

I can set it back to Mobile Highlights and it works fine. I'm not sure what caused this change as I was using it before without an issue. I've tried rebooting, resyncing, and whatever "re" I can think of (short of reinstalling), but still encounter the same issue.

Has anyone else encountered or have a solution for this issue?

Thanks,

Jason

Let me add a little more detail for clarification.

The 'My Highlights' (which I've altered on PC) is the one that causes a crash. I also have a highlight profile I created called 'IBS Historical Context'. This one does not cause a crash.

Only the customized 'My Highlights' profile.

Hi Jason,

Can you send me your ‘My Highlights’ file using the forum personal messenger? (hover on my name and click send message)

Mike

Edited by Mike Garrity

Hi Jason,

Can you send me your ‘My Highlights’ file using the forum personal messenger? (hover on my name and click send message)

Mike

Thanks, Mike!

Jason,

I was able to recreate the crash using your highlight file, we will take a look!

Thank you for reporting the problem and sending in a reproducible case,

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have never attempted to highlight on my iPad, but I did tonight.  Using the default, "My Mobile Highlights," I got an immediate crash as soon as I touched the Highlight button.

I have rebooted and reset user content and still crash.

If using the Highlights file I usually use, the one I created on my Mac, I don't crash.  If I add a highlight on my iPad and sync, it shows up on my Mac.  If I remove the highlight added on the iPad from my Mac and sync, Accordance on the Mac crashes.

Looks like I'm seeing the same sort of behavior Jason is, but it affects the Mac as well.  

I'm doing my syncing between the Mac and iPad directly and haven't used DropBox.

Edited by Julie Falling

Thanks for reporting this. We have a fix for this that will be available in the next release of the mobile app. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the hard work.

Julie,

Can you email the highlight file and point out the highlight that you are trying to remove (that causes the crash on the Mac)?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having an issue with highlights.  I just upgraded from Accordance 10 to Accordance 11 on my MacBook Pro (OS X Yosemite 10.10.3) in hopes that it would solve the issue, but it did not.  I am trying to use the "My Highlights" file on my iPhone 6 plus and my iPad mini, neither show a pending update.

When I use the "My Highlights" file on my Mac it works flawlessly.  I sync through dropbox and my highlights are my devices.  However, when I try to highlight anything the application crashes on both mobile devices.