Bible headings

mrderek

Following up on this again. Having this as an option seems like it would make sense, literally every Bible I've ever seen has it. It seems strange to not offer something (as an option) that every Bible has...you have to really search hard to find a printed Bible that does not have this option (ESV Readers Bible for example).

• Like 2

Following up on this again. Having this as an option seems like it would make sense, literally every Bible I've ever seen has it. It seems strange to not offer something (as an option) that every Bible has...you have to really search hard to find a printed Bible that does not have this option (ESV Readers Bible for example).

I agree it is a minor issue, but I bet a lot of new Accordance users are probably a bit confused about where they are since, as you said, almost every Bible has them and every Bible app has them or has a way to show them.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hola,

I’m new to Accordance.  Although I’ve been trying out the software for a number of months, it’s not my go-to software for when I wish to read large blocks of Scripture. The absence of pericope headings is the deal breaker.    

I gather that not everyone welcomes them, yet many printed Bibles do include them. And I think for good reasons. There is pedagogical value in seeing ahead of time, and in summary form, the coming topic. It’s why many good textbooks these days include summaries at the start of each chapter to alert readers what they are about to encounter. 

Pericope headings may be especially helpful to people with limited reading skills and/or disabilities.  I have a brain injury.  I’ve been working on improving my reading and regaining academic skills I once had, but reading comprehension will likely remain a permanent challenge. When I read the ESV in The Olive Tree app on my iPad, the pericope headers available there make a real difference to my reading comprehension.  

I join my voice with those who have been asking for this feature.

thank you. 

37 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

Hola,

I’m new to Accordance.  Although I’ve been trying out the software for a number of months, it’s not my go-to software for when I wish to read large blocks of Scripture. The absence of pericope headings is the deal breaker.    

I gather that not everyone welcomes them, yet many printed Bibles do include them. And I think for good reasons. There is pedagogical value in seeing ahead of time, and in summary form, the coming topic. It’s why many good textbooks these days include summaries at the start of each chapter to alert readers what they are about to encounter. 

Pericope headings may be especially helpful to people with limited reading skills and/or disabilities.  I have a brain injury.  I’ve been working on improving my reading and regaining academic skills I once had, but reading comprehension will likely remain a permanent challenge. When I read the ESV in The Olive Tree app on my iPad, the pericope headers available there make a real difference to my reading comprehension.  

thank you. 

Have checked the Notes file? Some Bible has it there. 

14 hours ago, Nicholas said:

Patience for just a little while longer will reap great rewards.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Great to hear. ☺️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

This sounds a lot like a fortune cookie, though I take it much more seriously.

5 minutes ago, jlm said:

This sounds a lot like a fortune cookie, though I take it much more seriously.

Thanks--that's what I was aiming for! The fortune cookie part, that is.

• 3 months later...

I see Bible headings have been added with the newest update! :)

• Like 1