Creating your own resources?

Ιακοβ

Is it possible? Assuming it is, where do you start?

Thanks!

It is possible, but for me it needs much more improvements. That I hope will come in 11.1 or 11.2. Thats why in my signature stand "waiting on 11.1" Also I wait for improvements on User Bibles.

A good way is to look at my posts, I have done a lot about User resources.

I hope also that it will come User Lexicons and ePub import, what a competitor has done.

Best you start with a Word processor, make headings and give the Bible-verses the abbreviation that Accordance need. See import User Bible in the Help file. Unfortunately european notation is not working at the moment.

Then save it as .html and import it as User Tool. This is all written in the Help files.

So now what is not written in the Help files 11.0.5:

Word11: Accordance has problems if you are using bold characters. I had made a post about this. bold normal character bug. All Browser didn't have problems only Accordance.

Word preview 15: Accordance crash the import of the html's that are created in this version.

OpenOffice and LibreOffice:

Accordance don't recognize the bullets that are made in OO and LO. But the ones from Word11.

Word and OO/LO and similar Office:

Links and cross-references, (Footnotes, Endnotes as links etc.) in the same file are not supported till now. Only Links to an extern file or URL.

Tables and Pics are not supported.

Use only western Mac or greek and hebrew. Unicode is not supported now.

Tie and Untie User Tools are not possible today.

That was the most urgent, there are more but you'll find out.

Conclusion for me:

I wait till improvements are coming. I had done a lot of different test, and I'm not satisfied with the possibilities today. May I create files till then, but I've had ask how to format the files for the future possibilities and I got no answer.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Accordance has the ability for creating your own tools. There are User Notes, User Tools and User Bibles. In the Help look under "Digging Deeper > Creating Your Own Modules" One of the differences between user notes and tools is that the notes can be shown in Accordance in parallel with a Bible text.

• Like 1

You have for User Notes and User Tools samples. Here you can see what is possible.

Greetings

Fabian

• 4 weeks later...

I am having trouble importing a user tool.... I made a PB in Logos...  I tried saving the docx file to html  and import it, it fails... I tried saving it to txt again it doesn't import. When I attempt to paste it in small sections at a time it fails to paste fully.

For example:

The Contributors

Rebecca T. Alpert is Chair of the Department of Religion and Associate Professor of Religion and Women’s Studies at Temple University. She is the co-author of Exploring Judaism: A Reconstructionist Approach, with Jacob Staub; author of Like Bread on the Seder Plate: Jewish Lesbians and the Transformation of Tradition; editor of Voices of the Religious Left: A Contemporary Sourcebook and co-editor of Lesbian Rabbis: The First Generation with Sue Elwell and Shirley Idelson. She is currently at work on a volume about Jews, race and sports. She teaches religion and sexuality, the politics of race and gender, and religion in American public life. 

Marcella Althaus-Reid is Reader in Christian Ethics, Practical Theology, and Systematic Theology at the University of Edinburgh Divinity School, Scotland. She is a Latin American theologian and author of Indecent Theology: Theological Per/versions in Sex, Gender and Politics, The Queer God and From Feminist Theology to Indecent Theology. She writes, ‘I call my style of doing theology Indecent because it denounces the status quo and the complacency with power that theologies had in the past, while claiming to be proper or decent. Meanwhile, they ignored that the only decency in theology comes from honesty and a pursuit of justice in all orders of life. If we call theologies in alliance with systems of exploitation decent, then I want to be an indecent theologian.’

Pasting that it ends "Edinburgh Divinity School, Scotland." 

And after that it allows me to past a few words only at a time.

This is a work for personal use since it is a copywrited work, I wish to access in Accordance. What I can not figure what the issue is. It is frustrating, I admit I have only made a few other UserTools but never had issues before.

-Dan

From where are you copying your source material?  I just copied your section from the forums, and it pasted everything into a User Tool.  Can you try e-mailing or linking for me your source html file?

• 1 year later...

David Voth. I don't see "Creating Your Own Modules" under "Digging Deeper" in Accordance Help. I'm trying to create and index a non biblical text file into a text module like the Bible and non-biblical texts. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if things changed, but the help for creating modules is there under 'Digging Deeper' still. For v. 11.2.2 for Mac info can be found under 

• Working with User Notes
  • Working with User Tools
  • Importing Bibles

Tim, you cannot create a text that is non-Biblical unless you have one from the same corpus already installed, so that you can select it for the verse table.

Is it possible? Assuming it is, where do you start?

Thanks!

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oaktree/Accordance/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/user_tools.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigging%2520Deeper%7CWorking%2520with%2520User%2520Tools%7C_____1

The above is a link to the help, You may need to change the path based on where you installed accordance. This is for Windows.

If you have trouble there, just click on the help menu in the app. Then navigate to >>> Digging Deeper >> Working with user tools > Working with user tools

It should get you started in the right direction.

• Like 1

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oaktree/Accordance/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/user_tools.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigging%2520Deeper%7CWorking%2520with%2520User%2520Tools%7C_____1

The above is a link to the help, You may need to change the path based on where you installed accordance. This is for Windows.

If you have trouble there, just click on the help menu in the app. Then navigate to >>> Digging Deeper >> Working with user tools > Working with user tools

It should get you started in the right direction.

R Gustason

If you go in the Help down to the bottom, you'll will find a link "here" to the online recourse from the Help. 

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX11/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/user_tools.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigging%2520Deeper%7CWorking%2520with%2520User%2520Tools%7C_____1

Greetings

Fabian