7 Day Internet Connection Issue

Dr. Nathan Parker

I've noticed if Accordance cannot access the Internet within seven days, it throws out my Accordance password, locks me out of the program, and requires me to have to re-sign into the application, and in one instance, it even tossed my default startup session and made me have to re-configure it.

I know Accordance needs to periodically validate one's Accordance account with the servers to ensure people aren't installing Accordance modules they are not licensed to own, but seven days disconnected from the net sounds a little steep and is a bit inconvenient. Can Accordance work on a more convenient window of time in which Accordance needs to validate one's account with the servers, say maybe every 30 days?

It makes traveling with Accordance to an area without an Internet connection very unappealing, since even though all of one's Accordance library is in tact on the hard drive, if there's no Internet connectivity within seven days, pop goes access to the application.

Thanks!

This applies only to the few people who are in a temporary status because they have a review or evaluation copy or are on a payplan. Most users do not need to validate except when installing a new major rev. If anyone in such a situation needs to be moved to permanent status, we can do that for them.

• Like 1

Sounds good. I was on a  couple payment plans but have paid them off in full. Will I be moved to permanent status or do I need to write in and request that it's done?

Thanks for the clarification as well. That definitely makes solid sense.

It should have happened when you paid off the last plan.

It was an error, in your case, and you have now been set to permanent. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sounds great. Thanks a bunch for your assistance!