New feature of Get Verses in 11.0.5

Fabian

Hello

I don't know how to describe all things. But it don't work properly in many configuration with SBL and european notation. And if Get Verses import the  Verse ref. as search then it doesn't change If I do this on another verse, it comes always the one from the beginning.

Please give a look on this.

Greetings

Fabian

Fabian, I am having trouble understanding your issues, but I'll do my best.  You seem to be describing two issues:

1) Get Verses having trouble with SBL abbreviations and/or European verse notation.

I cannot reproduce this.  I am able to get references such as Gen 5,3 and Phlm 2.  Can you give an example of a reference that fails?

2) Get Verses loading the selection of a verse.

I also cannot reproduce this.  If you want a selection from a word processor, select it before opening Get Verses.  If you want to use an Accordance reference, click in a verse before opening Get Verses.  What action is failing to load a verse?

Hello Joel

To 2) If I understand the new feature right, then it works like the "insert verses"  Service feature from the download page. But by me the search entry box is always empty. It doesn't copy the selected reference from the word processor to the search box nor paste the verse in the word processor. In Word, TextEdit, Papyrus etc. 

To 1) Maybe it was a sequela. 

Maybe a bug that only meets me, like http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/14356-info-pane-cross-references/?hl=emptywhich are not better since then.

Greetings 

Fabian

To do Get Selection and to insert into a Word Processor, you must give Accordance permission on your system.  This is under System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility.

Yes Accordance was ticked. Get Verses works before and now, only the new feature (Get Selection)

• Get Verses automatically enters a selected Text reference into the Get Verses dialog box, for quick insertion into the front application. With Accordance in the background, type a verse reference in your other application, select it and press Opt++A.

don't work.

Greetings

Fabian 

Have you enabled it in the Preferences -> Export?

Oh no, I haven't look there. 

I saw and see no description to do so, either in the Help Files nor in the description of the new features of 11.0.5

But sorry it doesn't work either with ticked SBL on Gen. 1:1 nor with ticked on european Gen. 1,1.

Greetings

Fabian