Arcane case of missing error dialog

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 11.0.6

Mac 10.10.3

I mentioned an apparently missing error dialog in the ; post. But I am wondering if there is more to it.

If I try a Greek construct search with scope set to verse I used to be told that scope needed to be Chapter and there was a button to enact that change in the dialog. Setting scope to paragraph I get a message saying that paragraph, sentence or clause scope are not supported for syntax searches. Book runs the search. Verse should produce a dialog. Chapter works.

OK so I restarted Acc and now I get the dialog. I am trying to work out what I did to cause it to no longer be presented. Ok I think I have it.

This is pretty arcane and people probably won't hit it but here goes.

I was trying to do a construct syntax search for a CHAR, specifically ;. This is it turns out is simply not possible in the syntax because syntax searches have to be run with scope set to Chapter and CHAR searches have to run with scope set to verse. But if you try this you can get the dialog messed up a bit.

If you set up a syntax search for a phrase containing a CHAR ; against the NA28 Greek NT, and make sure scope is set to verse, you will first be told that the scope must be chapter. Clicking the Set to chapter button the search will attempt to start but present the dialog saying that CHAR searches can only be done with scope set to verse. Now at this point if you correct your search removing the CHAR element and say putting in a VERB, it will run. But now if you alter the scope back to verse and try to run it it will not run but you will not be given the dialog telling you scope must be chapter.

Restarting Acc will restore normal behaviour.

Thx

D