Bug: Instant Details not displaying the correct information

Peter Brylov Christensen

Hi there!

I might be overlooking something here, but it seems I've stumbled upon a little bug where the instant details aren't displaying the correct information. The bug was present in 11.0.5 and also currently in 11.0.6.

Anyway, if I open a tab with Biblia Hebraica (e.g. HMT-W4), place the cursor above the name of אַהֲרוֹן and then hold down the cmd key, instead of showing the expected entry "אַהֲרוֹן" in HALOT (which is my dictionary of choice) the instant details show the entry לֵוִי for Ex 4:14 and the entry "I עשׂה" for the remaining occurrences of "אַהֲרוֹן".

I guess it sort of makes sense that the instant details connect "אַהֲרוֹן" to "לֵוִי" in HALOT with Aaron being a Levite and all, but the connection between "אַהֲרוֹן" and "I עשׂה" is very obscure seeing that the entry for "I עשׂה" mentions him (alongside Moses) only briefly on page 890, right before meaning 5. Triple-clicking on the name will still open a new tab and subsequently take me to the correct entry in HALOT, though. Additionally, this is the only proper noun I've been able to find that triggers this odd behavior. In every other case so far, the instant details always show the matching entry in HALOT when I hold down the cmd key and place the cursor over a given word.

With kind regards

Peter Christensen

Edited by Pchris

I confirm the bug. We will look into it and fix it in due course. It only happens in HALOT which spells the name with a vav so Instant Details searches the Hebrew contents field instead.

• Like 1

Ah, so that's why. Thanks Helen!