Timeline problem-- permissions after install?
Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:19 AM
After installing it, I run Accordance 6.6 and open a Timeline window (File->New>Timeline)
The Timeline window opens but I get an error about "can not customize or use all feature because permissions are wrong, see instructions".
I looked in the Timeline Supplemment and there was nothing about permissions--
PS Is the latest Timline installer still ver. 5.7? Just want to make sure I have the latest. Thanks!
Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:03 AM
Make sure Accordance is not open and do the following.
1. Open your Accordance folder and find the file titled "Time data"
2. Select the file and choose Command-I (Get Info)
3. From the Time data Info window click on the disclosure triangle next to "Ownership & Permissions" and the disclosure triangle labeled "Details"
4. Make certain that your username is selected in the "Owner" dropdown menu
5. From the four remaining dropdown menus make sure "Read & Write" is selected
5. Close the Information window and all should be well.
Edited by Ron Webber, 23 June 2005 - 11:14 AM.
Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:16 AM
Usually Accordance installs just work!!
Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:48 PM
What OS are you running?
Please run the 6.6 installer again and see if it corrects the problem (all our 6 installers include a routine to do this for all files in the Accordance folder).
Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:07 PM
Will rerun the 6.6 installer this evening. Thanks!
Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:54 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users