Bible Module Import

John L Rutherford

Thanks for this great new feature!

Are there any limits on what Bible texts can be installed?

I assume they have to be open source - where is a good place to get open source Bibles?

Do they have to be in any special format - Unicode - MacRoman ?

There is documentation on the preparation of the text in the Help files. Also David has just posted an excellent blog entry on this topic.

I think Open Source actually refers to code which can be edited by anyone. I think you mean public domain. You can use public domain texts, but also any etexts which you personally own, in another software for example. However, you should not pass those on to other people who do not also "own" that etext. Other texts are freely available on the internet for your own use, but not for commercial use, so we cannot sell them.

Don't know if this is the right place to mention this, but on the subject of Bible imports.

I created a text of 1 Corinthians as a test import, but it seems to have a problem with

1co

1Cor.

1Corinthians, failing to recognise it as a valid book name.

But I'm sure I've followed the instructions perfectly.

Help, please!

I omitted to specify in the Help (Doing Your Own Thing/User Bibles) that the text must be saved with MacRoman encoding, not Unicode, or Windows or any of the other options.

If this is not the problem, please send me your sample file to test.

No, that isn't the problem.

Let me work on it for a bit longer, just in case I have missed the obvious. :)

Thanks

Ok, now its a different problem.

This time it has a problem with Romans 16:1 coming after Romans 15:33. If I'm missing something I don't know what. :(

Many thanks!

(PS it won't let me upload the txt file here)

You can compress it and email it to me. This entire post should really be handled off-Forum, as it seems so far to have little relevance to anyone else.

Of course that was was my first choice. Then I discovered the email link from your profile page wouldn't allow attachments. What's your address?

Send me an email and I will reply. I do not post my address on the forum. get plenty of spam withoout it.

Did you get the file I emailed you?

Did you discover anything wrong with it?

~Thanks!

Archived