Creating vocabulary lists for specific texts

Keith Hill

Go to Search -> Define Range.

Hit New - then set the range name to say 1Cor12 and the definition to : 1Cor 12

It must specify the chapter to get what you want.

Go to the search box on a tab with the NA28 Greek NT open and click the + at the far right.

A range pull down will appear

Select your new 1Cor12 range

In the search box itself enter [COUNT 4+]

Hit enter.

I believe this will get you what you need.

If you change the 4+ to a 4- you will get the inverse and θελω will appear. With 4+ it will not.

Thx

D

Thanks for that! That was really helpful. It was exactly what I was after. Though does that mean I'll have to define many ranges depending on what chapter I want to limit my search to? I can envision the ranges in my range bar turning out very long (with 1 Corinthians 12, 13, 14, etc), or constantly creating new ranges and then deleting them after I use them. Thanks again for your patience!

For cases like this AppleScript is your friend. But in short yes, you'll need a bunch of ranges covering the cases of interest. It would actually be nice to have an option in the [RANGE x] or [COUNT x] commands to control this but as it stands this is how you do it.

Thx

D

This is becoming tangential, but what's applescript? Thanks for your help.

AppleScript is Apple's application scripting language. You can use it to control applications. It is possible to automate repetitive tasks in applications including to a degree in Accordance, depending upon the task.

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/AppleScript/Conceptual/AppleScriptX/AppleScriptX.html

Though the developer doc isn't the most welcoming.

Thx

D