El Capitan?

Battlesman

Anyone out there in Accordance-land tried El Capitan? How does it work? Successful? Smooth? 

The split screen feature is really enticing for me.

Hey – I think the split screen is for iOS 9.  I agree.  It looks nice.  

I also liked the features of El Capitan.  I know of at least one person at Accordance who is running the El Capital beta.  I hope he'll post and let us know what he thinks.  I would imagine that there are others as well.

Here's a post from MacRumors.

Edited by Julie Falling

I played with it a little. So far, so good.
Julie, EC has a split screen feature, too.

• Like 1

I played with it a little. So far, so good.

Hah!   :D  Somehow I missed that.  Please keep us posted on your impressions.  

Should we be concerned that the split screen in the new OS X and iOS might have neurological side effects?   :rolleyes: 

BTW, I've been using BetterSnapTool on the Mac for two or three years. It's not quite the same as the new split screen feature, but it has a similar result. It allows you to place programs evenly side by side. You can also make a window full screen by pushing it to the top of the screen. I highly recommend it. 

BTW, I've been using BetterSnapTool on the Mac for two or three years. It's not quite the same as the new split screen feature, but it has a similar result. It allows you to place programs evenly side by side. You can also make a window full screen by pushing it to the top of the screen. I highly recommend it. 

agreed. indispensible.

Hey, guys – Any danger in granting BetterSnapTool access to Security & Privacy in System Prefs?

Not in any way that I'm aware. Since it is in the Mac App Store, it should be properly sandboxed.

Looks very interesting.  Seems like it would be especially handy when working on a small screen.

Julie, I though you were a BetterTouchTool User, and I am pretty sure that BST is a subset of BTT...

Ken – I used to use BTT all the time.  But I kept having issues with unintended things happening.  I set it up to do what I wanted, but it was really easy to have stuff happen when I didn't want it to happen.  So I'm back to doing things the old way.  And that's OK. 

Oh, OK.  No problems. But I must admit, when I use a mac without BST I feel very hobbled.

I use Spaces a lot.  Space 2 is devoted to Accordance; Space 3 to Numbers & Pages (don't do much Keynote now that we're not teaching).  Space 1 is for Mail, Safari, iTunes, NewsFire – I think that's where BST may really be handy.  It's downloaded and installed.  I'll play with it more tomorrow and see how it works out.  I also use App Expose and Expose all the time with the three-finger swipe down or up.  I am one of those people who really doesn't like to have windows from a bunch of applications all stacked on top of one another, so BST should be very useful.

Edited by Julie Falling

Split screen won't work on my iPad mini, but hopefully on my Mac. Apple Insider posted an article about the split screen feature on the Mac.

I did learn from the keynote though that I can use a four finger gesture to slide between recently used apps on the iPad.

A related note, now that OS X allows for the Finder file path to be copied (see here http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/06/10/el-capitan-little-features/) does this mean we could add into an Accordance user note the precise location of a PDF article that might be helpful for a certain passage? Maybe this has already been possible and I just didn't know it.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't noticed any real problems with Accordance in "El Capitan", but I also put iOS9 beta on my iPad and I couldn't sync between the desktop and the iPad. I reverted the iPad to iOS8 and the problem went away.

Dustin,

The current User Notes won't accept such a link, though the upcoming "new and improved" version will. (Be patient!)

However, you can insert a variety of links into a User Tool. See Accordance Help>Digging Deeper > Creating Your Own Modules > User Tools > Create Links in User Tools.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Really like the split screen feature on El Capitan. And really looking forward to using Accordance that way...

(That would actually go for iOS too...)

Thanks for the great work you guys (Accordance developers) are doing!

• Like 1