Sync problem between Mac and iOS

Hughprattis

Hi. Since I've updated to the new version of accordance my notes no longer sync between my Mac and iOS. They were syncing fine via dropbox before and I don't get any error messages when I sync, but the notes I create on the iOS don't import onto the Mac and vice versa. I've already tried unlinking and re-linking the iOS account. Any suggestions?

The iOS app doesn't automatically sync User Notes or Tools with Dropbox--are you already manually syncing and still seeing these results?

Have you upgraded the user notes to the .amynotes format that is used in iOS 2 and Acc 11? 

Thanks Ken, that's probably the problem. How do I upgrade them?

To my knowledge, this can only be done in the desktop (computer) versions of Accordance, and the options are visible only if you have the older notes with .acc4 suffix installed. You can reach the option in the Help menu: SetUp Assistant which gives this dialog:

001.png

or the Preferences: User Files which adds the button:

002.png

Your old notes will be saved and moved to another folder in your Accordance Files.

I've found the problem! When I updated the notes files when I first installed the new accordance it created an .amynotes in dropbox, but left the old .acc4 there. Accordance on the Mac started using the .amyfiles but the mobile devices kept using the old .acc4. I still can't seem to get them to talk to each other, all I can do is delete the .acc4 file which forces it to use the .amynotes, but I loose all the notes I've made in the meantime. Any further suggestions (If not, I'll just have to live with some lost notes)?

• Like 1

Note file names cannot differ only by the extension (.acc4, .amynotes). Rename your older ones and you should be able to use both.