BDAG Formatting

jwritebol

Is it possible for Accordance to make the Scripture passages in BDAG stand out (as they do in the print version) from the other hypertext in the entries? That would be very helpful in my opinion.

Jeremy Writebol

No, it's not:

With the BDAG active, go to "Set tool display..." (⌘ T).

Change the hyperlink formatting (make it red or something).

This will change all linked text, which includes the scripture links. But making it standout may help.

And...

Yes it is:

1. Change the search field to "Scipture"

2. Search for "gen-rev"

All scripture references are formatted according to the "Search highliting" (in the "Set tool display..." dialog)

If you simply like the standout for when you're reading, that may work for you at times. If you are searching for Greek words or other content, you can always keep an extra field in the "More Options" with the search for 'gen-rev' in scripture.

For example:

post-16-1179338451_thumb.png

This is a total kludge, but if it works for you... great.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible for Accordance to make the Scripture passages in BDAG stand out (as they do in the print version) from the other hypertext in the entries? That would be very helpful in my opinion.

Jeremy Writebol

It ought to be possible to at least make the scripture hyperlinks a different color, shouldn't it? I have noticed the same problem, not that the hyperlinks are difficult to see, but that the scripture hyperlinks do not stand out from the abbreviation hyperlinks. I personally wish it were possible to disable the abbreviation hyperlinks, as they tend to clutter the search for the scripture references.

We can look into distinguishing Scripture links from other hypertext links in Tools in a future rev. It would clutter the Set Tool Display interface to have separate options, but we can consider it.

However, the recent post about highlighting reminded me that now that you can highlight in tools, and highlight all hits, you can mark up all the Scripture references in a tool with the highlight style of your choice. To do this, search the Scripture field for Gen-Rev, and then shift-click on the style you have created for these links in the Highlight palette. Nnow, if you want, you can remove the Hypertext color and style from Set Tool Display, and only the Scripture links will be highlighted. This is, of course, a different type of highlighting, affecting the background color rather than the text color and style.

I hope this suggestion is helpful.

Archived