Let us define our own bible book abbreviations

birnle

It would be great if I could define two or three (or even more) synonyms for the English bible book abbreviations, like a table where the English/standard abbreviations stand in the first column and my abbreviation(s) in the second or third or …. There are so many different abbreviation systems and languages.

Best

<><

birnle

• Like 4

Yes, that would be a great feature. Then it would be possible with book abbreviations in another language than English.

Edited by sgreen

This would not be a simple feature to program so please don't expect it any time soon. We already offer a lot of flexibility, at least in English, and some in German.

• 5 weeks later...

It would be nice if the preferences have a new entry with a list on the left side with the Accordance abbreviations and right to them boxes which we can add our full name of the book or abbreviations. And if the box is filled a new open on the right side of the older box for a second abbreviation etc. 

Accordance     User abbr.

Gen                  1Mose         1Mo.       +1

Ex                     2Mose         2Mo.       +1

Job                   Hiob            Hi.           Ijob      +1

BTW, I had tested some German abbr. and found out, that the [auto Link] in User Notes don’t recognize “1Mo.” as an abbreviation, but if I select the “1Mo.” and push [make Link] and then [save] the following pop-up comes.post-32723-0-45156000-1438595698_thumb.png

Mmh there must be an information behind (maybe a German Bible) that Accordance say that “1Mo.” is “Gen.” And "Röm." is not recognized by the auto-link but it works if I link it by hand. So please activate this for all. There are a support but it is not fully integrated.

See also here, there you'll see another supported German abbr. but even not all. 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

• 3 weeks later...

This is really needed.

Its annoying for German speakers to find the right one.

Sometimes when I write 1Kor. 1,2 then nothing happens because Accordance will 1Cor. 1,2 on the other hand I write 1Cor. 1,2 nothing happens because in this case Accordance will 1Kor 1,2. It's annoying to type mostly of the time all Bible books twice.

Please make this step forward...

Greetings

Fabian

• 2 months later...

Many Thanks for this in imported Bibles.

Please let us add the abbreviation too.

Gen\t1Mose\t1Mo  \t=tab in BBEdit

And it would be cool if we can this have for Notes and Tools or for the whole app itself.

Greetings

Fabian

• 1 year later...

There is something about German abbreviations (including 1Mo) in Accordance help: 

file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/03_ai/language_localization.htm%3FTocPath%3DThe%2520Accordance%2520Interface%7C_____11

Edited by Eleuterio