š in User tools.

Daniel  Francis

I recently converted an  ebook into a User Tool I got a lot of Help from Joel Brown and am very grateful for his advice in a section discussing Psalm 63 it transliterated שָׁחַר   šāḥar  as šhr. Now in the importing  it simply omitted the š leaving it as hr and no matter how much I tried i was not able to force it in there (i settled on shr )... š is actually used a couple dozen times in the file..... this is not an unusual character as your own lexical translation uses it, the ability to have it in User tools would be great or at the very least have the imported file replace the š with a s.

-Dan

EDIT: PS:ā isn't supported either.

Edited by Dan Francis

ă is also a no go

The Hebrew reads ’anî ‘ănātî wa’ăšûrennû, which Wellhausen proposed should read, ’anî ‘ănātô wa’ăšērāto.  shows a variety of issues...

I have a similar problem in trying to type in nomina sacra in User Notes. If I try to put the combining overline (U+0305) above κ and ς to get κ̅ς̅, I end up with κ ̅ς ̅ instead. Same if I paste it in from a word processor.

The š, ā, and other characters don't exist in the standard MacRoman character set (Windows ANSI for PCs), so they cannot be *directly* displayed in your normal User Tool.  But, if you switch to the Rosetta font, you can add all sorts of combining characters, including the breve, macron, and others.  This can't really be done automatically upon import, but should be fairly easy to do in cleanup afterwards.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification Joel, I had known bugs were a concern to you but your explanation and solution makes sense,my clean up was simple in just replacing the offending letter with the unmarked latin letter.

-Dan