Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible

Michael Miles

If you understand the value of C.D. Ginsburg's work in his collation of the Massorah, and then his subsequent work in the Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible (along with the indispensable "Introduction" to this Bible), then you may have wished to obtain a copy for your library.  This Hebrew Bible is not generally readily available, unless you know where to look.

The Trinitarian Bible Society has made available for quite some time now a single volume case-bound Hebrew Old Testament joined with a Hebrew New Testament.  It just so happens that the Old Testament portion of this volume is none other than the Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible by Ginsburg.

http://www.amazon.com/Testament-Trinitarian-Society-footnotes-Delitzsch/dp/B004R0RSB8

This exact volume is in my library along with the 4 volume set of the Massoretico-Critical Edition that the Trinitarian published in celebration of their first 100 years of operation, along with another copy well over 100 years old.  The notes at the bottom of the pages of the Old Testament are Ginsburg's notes, and there is a whole lot of interesting and valuable information in them.

I thought that I'd share this bit of info with the folks here, in case someone was interested.  In addition to amazon.com, you may be able to obtain this work directly from the Trinitarian Bible Society.  Their web site shuts down on Sunday, just like everything else did when I was a child.  Things were better then.

• Like 1