James R. White Collection

Julia Falling

I would love to see a collection of his books come to Accordance.  Perhaps individual volumes, too?

You'll have to forgive me, but I've never heard of him.

What's so special about his books that makes them good candidates for becoming Accordinated?

Here's his ministry site.  He has taught Hebrew, Greek, and Apologetics at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary either at the main campus in Mill Valley, CA, or at the satellite campus in AZ.  He is knowledgeable in many disciplines.  When he preaches, he has the Greek and Hebrew texts in front of him, not an English version.  And when he debates, no matter what the person on the other side says, he debates the issues, does not engage in ad hominem attacks, and keeps his cool.  I've read only one of his books – carefully sourced and his position clearly stated. I want to read more of his stuff.  What better way than in Accordance?  Many of his debates are on YouTube.  You can get his podcast, "The Dividing Line," through the Sermon Audio app (then search for James White).

If he has said something about an issue, it's worth my time to find out what and why.  I'm coming from a conservative perspective.  We're all flavors here on the forums, so the works of James White won't be of interest to some, but I think many of us would like to see his books here.

By the way, I think Accordinated is a great term! 

Edited by Julie Falling
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Sure, there's always hope. At this point, I cannot give any definite idea though as I do not think we've fully investigated it. The potential issue with collected works for a particular author is that they rarely publish with the same publisher, so we have to procure rights from multiple sources. There does seem to be good general interest, and he has been an Accordance user for many years, which is also a nice plus.

• Like 1

and he has been an Accordance user for many years, which is also a nice plus.

I've noticed that White regularly promotes Accordance on Twitter, and I've heard that he does the same on his radio show. It would be a great opportunity for cross-promotion to include his books. While I'm not an across-the-board fan of White, I've found some of his writings, such as The King James Only Controversy to be quite helpful.

• Like 2

The KJV Only Controversy is only book of his that I've read, but I've listened to conference talks (YouTube) on a number of doctrinal issues that he has addressed in his other books.  I do not want to read them in Kindle, nor do I want to acquire more print books that will require shelf space and dusting – unless I have no choice in the matter.

The KJV Only Controversy was very well written, annotated and sourced, the tone was never hateful, the arguments well and clearly presented.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

It's been a while.  I don't want to nag, but it sure would be nice to have Dr. White's stuff in Accordance!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

???

• 1 year later...

Is there some reason we cannot have a James White Collection in Accordance?  I've read The King James Only Controversy, Scripture Alone, and am half-way through The Potter's Freedom.  I'm adding references & quotation to my User Notes from his books.  It would be great to be able to just add hyperlinks to the pertinent passages.   

We will eventually have them. It has been much discussed :-)

• Like 1

That's great news, Rick.  It would be so nice to have the beautiful Accordance formatting plus hyperlinks and User Notes.  And to be able to hyperlink to White's stuff from my User Notes!

• 2 years later...

Thank you !

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the heads up.  I bought three his books in the first release (jan 12), and KJV Only yesterday.  It's wonderful to have them in Accordance.