Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:55 AM

Hello OakTree Staff

There are so many Bible translations in the World, so it would be easily to add in minimum 1 (one) new Bible translation per month in your shop. Better more than one, but in minimum one. I believe one per month doesn't overwhelm you. = 12 in a year and in 5 years you have 60 Bibles added which brings you also new customers.

Where are the german Bibles with Strong's? To recommend Accordance in the Seminary I need it till the new Semester in September!

It can be that you make more money with commentaries, so much more that you dismiss the Bibles, but don't regret the Bibles with Strong's and when not available without Strong's. And don't forget the Bible notes. I own the Elberfelder in different print versions and also in Accordance but the Accordance version hasn't the notes. There is also a newer Elberfelder Bible published since 2006, in the moment I write this letters are 9 years passed.

Please fine-tune the german Bibles which are came with the 11. Thanks for that but without the correct verse display they are not very useful. If you fine-tuned this then it is also easy to add the Strong's numbers to the Luther 1912, Elberfelder 1905, Schlachter 51, M√ľnchner Neues Testament, Elberfelder Edition CSV mit Strong's, ...

Conclusion: Add one Bible to the shop per month and best with Strong's and notes.

• Chuck Schneider likes this

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with Retina, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

Sierra 10.12.4

Accordance 12.0.3 and waiting on 13 (on iPad Pro with 3D touch)

iPhone 4S

iOS 9.3.5

Accordance Mobile 2.4.5

#2 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:46 AM

yes please!

• Fabian likes this
OSX El Capitan, Version 10.11.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
iPad Pro 9.7, iOS 10.0.1, 256 GB

iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.1, 64 GB

#3 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

This is asking a lot, but it is a very noble goal.... I know there is a fair amount of effort getting the rights and then processing the raw text, not to mention the months that go into tagging for original language tie in. I hope Accordance takes up your challenge, but I am not sure it is feasible with the staff size (I am not aware of the actual numbers just know it is on the smaller side of things). And while Accordance is not an overly money hungry corporation, they do need to offer things that will give them enough return to justify the expense (I have little doubt that the German w/Strongs is one they are attempting to get done, I never meant to imply it would be a product that would have a small market), but to produce say one foreign language Bible that sells only 12 copies is going to be a loss. And as an english speaker I am a little embarrassed at the richness of our available choices of translations. I know personally I would love to see the The Inclusive Bible: The First Egalitarian Translation: Priests for Equality, others have recently asked for 3 or 4 other newer english translation, and I do agree with Billy Graham who said the best Bible to read is one you will read. Even what one might consider the worst translation or paraphrase will still give you the Gospel message and so much more. Like I said I would love to see Accordance pick up your challenge but I don't see it as likely.

-Dan

#4 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

Unless a new English version comes out that sweeps the (English-speaking) world in the same way that the NIV did (back in the day) and The Message (a little more recently), I think I have had my fill of English translations of the Bible.

I can understand the desire of users for whom English is not their first (or only) language for more resources in their mother tongues. But thinking realistically, I can see Dan's point about producing Bibles that simply do not bring in the ROI.

I cannot quite understand the great desire for Strong's numbers, however. I feel the same way about Strong's numbers as I do about Vine's Expository Dictionary and the Zodhiates' Word Study NT/OT (probably still documented elsewhere on this forum). Strong's numbers must be redundant by now; if you must have number tags for amateur scholars, surely Goodrick & Kohlenberger's work has surpassed Strong's?

Another thing that annoys me is the requests for public domain or out of copyright works. Why would anyone spend money on the latest state-of-the-art Bible software and limit themselves to 70-year-old scholarship? Especially when so many outdated resources can be found on archive.org or openlibrary.org. I grant that in some cases important denominational works or the works of a particular scholar or theologian or teacher may be desired. I understand that some works are considered "classics" and people want them in Accordance.

In a perfect world we can all have what we want and someone else will do all the hard work necessary, then give away the end product for free. In a less perfect world, we would be able to create our own user tools etc from PDFs instantaneously, with faultless formatting. In the world we actually have, I am repeatedly intrigued, surprised, annoyed and delighted by the amazing range of modules that exists for Accordance, the incredible abilities of the program, the regular sales and discounts, the great people you can interact with on this forum, and the excellent customer service that Oak Tree provides. Accordance has saved my bacon countless times when I needed to preach or teach. We cannot always have what we want, but I for one think Accordance is a brilliant tool from an exceptional group of people.

• Julia Falling, JohnK, Daniel Francis and 2 others like this

#5 Fabian

Fabian

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

Hello 

To decide to create an Accordance Lite version is very great.

What I see is that people choose also a Bible Software because their favorite and preferred Bible is in this particular Bible Software. So a lot goes to You Version and Olive Tree.

Once you wrote to me: You are partnered with Biblica, thats great, but please bring then also Bibles from your partner. For example Biblica has a Bible in Dutch, the only Dutch Bible which is in Accordance is from 1637. And Netherland are not a third world country or you can only expect to sell "12 copies", if you bring a newer one.

it would be great if you can bring also the Bibles from Wycliff to Accordance. Since the Accordance Lite is free, they should have regret their Bibles for Accordance. In other free Bible Software they are also possible to have. 

"[I]n a perfect world" we would talk only in one language, like in the garden Eden, but at the moment not all speak English. 

Thanks for your Attention.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with Retina, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

Sierra 10.12.4

iPhone 4S

iOS 9.3.5

Accordance Mobile 2.4.5

#6 Fabian

Fabian

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:14 AM

?any new Bibles for Accordance?

• Daniel Francis likes this

Greetings

Fabian

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Sierra 10.12.4

iPhone 4S

iOS 9.3.5

Accordance Mobile 2.4.5

#7 sacha zemp

sacha zemp

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Mac, italian coffee, old commodore computers, a good book, delta quadrant
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Yesterday, 02:32 PM

+1

#8 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,430 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 06:41 PM

?any new Bibles for Accordance?

Attached File  magic-8-ball-all-signs-point-to-yes-e1435185349223.png   296.6KB   0 downloads

• Daniel Francis, Fabian and Solly like this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

OS X

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Sierra/OS X Server

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sierra

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10

iOS

2016 iPhone 7 Plus - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 10.x

2016 iPad Pro (12.9") - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 10.x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users