Bug entering Hebrew in Go To search box in 11.0.7

Michel Gilbert

Hi,

In the Hebrew Syntax Database, Select Lexical Forms popup menu, I can't enter a Hebrew word like before.

If I type שׁ it doesn't appear in the Go To box. It also goes to the first entry under שׂ . This menu is stuck if you type more consonants. I was trying to enter the word שׁמים and had to scroll through שׂ and half of שׁ . See screenshot.

post-32543-0-60525900-1438023549_thumb.png

The stuck menu problem appears to be limited to שׂ/שׁ . If you enter any other consonant, it appears in the Go To box. But, typing a second consonant causes the first one to disappear, and the Go To box goes blank. Then the words list takes over, and as you type, the list changes to the proper selection. See screenshots.

post-32543-0-45682400-1438023564_thumb.png

post-32543-0-04155500-1438023578_thumb.png

I guess if שׂ/שׁ acted like the other consonants it would be an acceptable fix. Even the Backspace button works with the Go To box blank. But it wasn't like this before; it's been broken and fixed a couple of times before to display the Hebrew in the box. And it's a bit unnerving to type invisibly.

Regards,

Michel

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem (of not being able to finish writing my lexical form) with any search for a Hebrew lexical form. The program also crashes so now and then when I switch to search in another language module like Syriac.

I guess if שׂ/שׁ acted like the other consonants . . .

These consonants work in OS X like the others. I’m hoping for parity in the Windows version. In the meantime, I’m going to do my syntax searches with TeamViewer in Windows to control Acc in my MacBook.

FWIW, my daughter and I swapped her older MacBook for my newer iPad, and I’m starting to fall in love with OS X. I could do all my work on a Mac with 10.7 or later, but mine can only run 10.6.8.

Regards,

Michel

I can repro. on win and osx in Hebrew. No difference when switching Use Israeli keyboard on or off.

Tx

D

Just to add to the weirdness of this....occasionally while attempting to use the invisible-text word finder, I see parts of large Latin letters, or sometimes a run of whole tiny ones, and other times bits of some other script I can’t make out. For instance here’s what looks to be part of a d in the word entry field sometime after typing a dalet:

post-33003-0-28156500-1439688327_thumb.jpg

Edited by Susan

This is the third post today mentioning this bug. I confirm it, and we will get it fixed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this bug too. Will there be notification when the bug is fixed?

Hi Charles,

Joel told me (exactly) three weeks ago in a pm that “the issue is fixed, ready for 11.0.8 in Accordance.”

Regards,

Michel

11.0.8 is now in testing and should be released in not too long of a time.  We'll be able to provide a pre-release for those that need it early in the week.

• Like 2

If 11.0.8 will take more than a couple of weeks, it would be nice to try the pre-release. I use Accordance almost exclusively for searching Hebrew and right now it crashes too much to use.