Why can't one verse have multiple labels?

jonesiv

I understand that I can highlight a verse, customizing the highlighting file. However, I cannot highlight a verse for two topics, like "worship verses" and "memory verses."

That's okay. I also understand that I can add a verse to one reference list (e.g. called "worship verses) and also add it to another reference list (e.g. called "memory verses). 

However, ... this is insufficient for me, largely because working with Reference Lists is so cumbersome. Re-opening a Reference List is a pain, how and where they are saved is not intuitive. (In the future, at the very least, Accordance needs to make them accessible via the Library.)

Is there any other way to "tag" or "label" a verse with multiple custom tags or custom labels? 

Jonesiv, I am able to easily apply two highlight styles to a single verse.  What seems to be preventing you from doing so?

Joel, yes, I can do that as well. However, what is different between us is that I never knew that this was possible. Thank you very much!

I have been so unhappy with how Reference Lists are handled, especially since I thought that this was the only way I could manage multiple groups of verses.

It would be wonderful, though, if a future version of Accordance showed my highlight styles in the Library.

Kind thanks,

John