Opt+Tab to move cursor to the text content area

Joe Weaks

The key combination of ⌥Opt ⇥Tab is used to move the cursor from the search box to the text content area.

(It used to be ⌘Command ⇥Tab, until OS X took that over.)

Previously, the original "place the cursor in the text pane" function placed the cursor at the beginning of the top search result in a window.

So, if you searched in a reference tool for Gen 2:1, which scrolls the tool to the first hit, and then you did Option+Tab (well, used to be Command+Tab), the cursor would move to just before "Gen. 2:1   The heavens and the earth …"

This function has gotten broken somewhere along the line.

It now places the cursor at the beginning of the text or tool, at the title page for tools, regardless of the scroll position of the text, which is entirely unhelpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, I'm sorry to disappoint, but I can't find any evidence of your claim :)  There's no mention of the feature in any help, going back through Accordance 7, and it either worked as it does now (9.6.7) or didn't work at all due to Command-Tab (v8 and v7), so going back in time, I can't find a single reference to this feature.  Similarly, none of our collective memories could recall it.

All that being said, we'll look into it as a minor feature request, that shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Not sure I completely follow what you're saying... Opt+Tab does still move the cursor, only now it's in the module beginning, not the text view beginning. I'll follow up in PM.

Joe, my point is that it has never been to the text view beginning.