Brill Greek Dictionary

Benjamin Gladd

Hi Fabian,

The first two English editions were known as BAGD, and the the third known as BDAG. 

BDAG even occurs on the cover of the third edition.

So, it will be a bit confusing to English students.

Regards,

Michel

The first edition was known as BAG. The second as BAGD. Danker was not an editor of the first edition.

• Like 1

Hi Bill,

Thanks. I actually knew that, so I apologize to everyone for being so careless. 

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

BrillDAG is the best shorthand I've come across. And, yes. Bring it to Accordance!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Any update about this resource? Would like to see it available in Accordance. Logos is almost finishing the prepub project. Hurry up!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Any update about this resource? Would like to see it available in Accordance. Logos is almost finishing the prepub project. Hurry up!  :rolleyes:

I highly doubt Accordance will obtain a license from Brill- All of their resources are very pricey in print so it will be really hard for Accordance to purchase a license at a decent price and offer this in Accordance at a price point that makes sense to pay off the license. Unfortunate but that is business!

Yeah. This ain't gonna happen. I doubt Muraoka will others. Peters doesn't play well, either. (Some aspects of) the publishing industry seem to be a lot like the music industry 15 years ago. They're just not ready/willing to cope with digitization. 

Hi Martin,

Are they actually in active development or just asking about interest ?

Thx

D

The status is "Under Development" right now.

https://www.logos.com/product/55648/etymological-dictionary-of-greek

"When enough people signify interest in a product by placing a Pre-Pub order, the product will be sent off for production. At this time, the status bar will change to green and read “Under Development.” The product has now officially begun its journey to become a live product."

Hi Martin,

Are they actually in active development or just asking about interest ?

Thx
D

• Like 1

The status is "Under Development" right now.

https://www.logos.com/product/55648/etymological-dictionary-of-greek

"When enough people signify interest in a product by placing a Pre-Pub order, the product will be sent off for production. At this time, the status bar will change to green and read “Under Development.” The product has now officially begun its journey to become a live product."

Different dictionary.

Ah. You're right!

How come I totally got confused!

I must have wanted it to appear so much!  :lol:

Different dictionary.

Good point though I had requested that one some time back too.

MattChristian, why should it be so difficult for Accordance to acquire Brill's Dictionary of Ancient Greek if it can be acquired by Logos?  Is the install base of Logos that much larger that that of Accordance such that it would not be cost-effective for Accordance to produce?

I highly doubt Accordance will obtain a license from Brill- All of their resources are very pricey in print so it will be really hard for Accordance to purchase a license at a decent price and offer this in Accordance at a price point that makes sense to pay off the license. Unfortunate but that is business!

MattChristian, why should it be so difficult for Accordance to acquire Brill's Dictionary of Ancient Greek if it can be acquired by Logos?  Is the install base of Logos that much larger that that of Accordance such that it would not be cost-effective for Accordance to produce?

Mainly because Brill is so expensive to begin with. I have noticed that Accordance does not typically go after very expensive resources. A similar thread asking for the Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics by Brill was similarly shot down due to the high cost etc.

• 3 years later...

Great news! The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek is now available; and for a limited time, you can add it to your Accordance Library at discounted introductory pricing. I'm not making this up or exaggerating when I say, you might not see it discounted this low after this year.