Auto Link seems to be broken?

Julia Falling

Hey –

I'm running Accordance 11.0.7 and OS 10.10.5.  Auto Link is not working.  I noticed it a while back when I didn't have time to really test it all and post, but the problem persists.  I've done all the obvious things – restarting Accordance and rebooting my Mac, but it still won't work.  I have the same problem on the mini.  I don't think it's my machines.  Can someone confirm?

Thanks.

Julie, can you describe what visible links in your Edit window aren't getting linked?

Here's a screen shot of a note in edit mode.  I 'unlinked' the references and saved the note, then tried to relink them using Auto Link.  I have the problem with new notes and with old notes to which I am adding.

post-330-0-31580300-1439576250_thumb.jpg

None of them linked.

Edited by Julie Falling

Julie, this is very strange, as I typed out that exact content and was able to Auto-Link just fine.  One possibility is that the default hypertext for your notes is off.  If you do a Command-T on your notes, what texts are listed as your main and alternate hypertexts?  Do they include Matthew and Luke?  If not, try setting one of the two to be a text containing the gospels, and then use Save As Default.

Joel –  Thanks!  That was it.  I have no idea how they both ended up as a Hebrew Bible.  Very strange.  Auto Link is now working.

Hello Julie

have you checked the preferences in Accordance? If you are on German notation then the ":" will not work.

And for me the other way too.

post-32723-0-99561700-1439633777_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Oh Joel has found the solution

Edited by Fabian

Thanks, Fabian.  What I don't understand is how my choice for hypertext Bibles changed.  It happened with the upgrade from 11.0.6 to 11.0.7 I think.  Very odd.  But Joel nailed the problem.  Now I know to look for the another possibility (German notation) if it ever happens again.