User Tool Tabulators (bug?)

Fabian

Hello 

I have a question: Does anyone know how I get a clean tabulator line? If I open the file in Safari as html it looks sometimes the same, so it isn't only an ugly thing in Accordance.

post-32723-0-17756000-1440799073_thumb.png

If anyone has a solution I appreciate it.

Maybe another sort of Tabs (right, left.... and what else) brings a relief, but what is if I have 2 colons?

Greetings

Fabian

Hey Fabian,

You should be able to do this in an HTML table with right or left justification on the cell data. Is that not working ?

If you have the HTML file I can check it out if you'd like.

To my knowledge there is no equivalent in User Tools, so the closest you would get would be to use fixed width font and spaces I would think. I don't know if there are other options.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Hello Daniel

Thanks for give a look.

In the original .docx file there are only two tabulators ->-> but in the .html file there are many   

I have also tried to edit them in the User Tools edit windows but after the save nothing has happen.

Maybe you'll find a solution, at the moment I have no more ideas:-)

Greetings

Fabian

Pfadfinder (Roland Hofmann).html.zip

Hmmm.... ok.

The HTML problem is that there are no tables in the document. Rather the formatting is done with &nbsp for spacing and <br> for new lines. The only way to get close to making that work in a browser is for a fixed width font but given the way a browser renders that won't really fly. The right way would be to insert <table> ..... </table> tags everywhere. And of course corresponding <row> and <td> tags. A bunch of work. I'm guessing this is an export from MS Word to HTML. What's apparently odd is that they treated it as a table of contents rather than a table. This led to them assigning MsoToc* CSS classes to the tables and presumably substituting &nbsp for each space. Working with the original doc you might be able to convert them to actual tables in the doc and then get HTML <table> tags in the output. Alternatively you could script this substitution.

But if your real aim is to put it in a User Tool then that's a different problem. Importing into a tool will ignore the <table> tags I believe because there is no native table support in User Tools. I tried to insert a cut and paste of one of the tables into a UT and then set a fixed width font on it. Here User Notes are better than UTs because you can use any font you want in editing. I don't think that is yet possible in UTs. You can put the data into a UN and set the font to Courier New for example and then pad spaces out correctly and get a passable result. But its a UN which is really not great for this kind of content.

Unless I've missed something in UT recently (entirely possible) and cannot find it I don't think there is a good way to handle this content right now.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Hello Daniel

Thanks, I wait till 11.1 is out and test again.

Greetings

Fabian