Crash doing Hebrew syntax queries

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 11.0.7

Mac 10.10.5

Twice while playing Hebrew syntax queries related to http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/16584-searching-for-absolute-uses-of-%D7%A2%D7%A9%D7%94/I have hit this crash :

Accordance Crash Log
Program Version: 11.0.7
OS Version: 10.10.5

Call trace:
  $00000000
  $001EF1EE
  $001EEC58
  $001EDE44
  $000785BC
  $000C575C
  $00155624
  $0006B3D0
  $0006B590
  $923C85A4
  $92206681
  $9220565C
  $92219F25
  $9223F7BC
  $92206A4B
  $9220565C
  $92219F25

It usually takes a number of iterations over different constructions moving phrases around and so on, getting error dialogs in some cases and then finally I'll move something and it will crash.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

I also experience crashes frequently while doing syntax searches. Fortunately, Accordance starts up again pretty quickly and gets me back to right where I left off.

Related: do you know if there’s a way to easily switch back to a prior construct query without re-creating it? Especially since I’m not sure about what to put on what levels, etc., I was toying around, but each time I had to re-do the whole thing. (This is more annoying than it should be at the moment due to the Hebrew entry box bug and the fact that this word involves a *sin*, which always (as far as I can figure out) requires scrolling because it presumes that letter is *shin*. Also, syntax constructs seem to be very inflexible about what you’re allowed to switch.) In other search-like fields I can use the magnifying glass to access historical searches, but I don’t find one in the construct pane, and the linked text pane only has the construct itself in that history.

(Thanks for looking at that syntax query, by the way, Daniel.)

Hi Susan,

Some options :

You can save the tab containing the search. But when you reopen it it will open in its own workspace which you may or may not want.

You can save the workspace but then you only have the one copy, so that's not so useful in a case of experimentation.

You can create another hebrew search tab and store a copy of the search over there. This is probably the best way. You can just select the elements you want to save, or the top level Phrase in your example if you want the whole thing, and then Opt-click and drag to a new construct pane. If you want to store variants of searches like this you can store multiple like that in the pane. To use one you would have to drag it back to a search pane of it's own of course.

Tx

D