Copying of selected results.

David Knoll

I usually run a search and get many results. I then go through the list and locate those results which suit me best. I then want to copy only these results as references. How can I tell Accordance which results I found suitable so that I can copy only those results without resorting to the use of pen and paper (to create a list of the suitable verses)?

The first thing you'll want to do is bookmark the verses you're interested in. You can do this by right-clicking on a verse and selecting "Bookmark Selection" or hold down "shift" and "option" ("alt" on a PC) and click on the verse. When you've bookmarked the verses you're interested in, go to "Selection" on the menu bar, then "Add Marked Verses To" and select "New Reference List Tab". This will create a new tab containing just those verses you've marked.

• Like 1

Once you've done that, you can copy the list as verses as references only by selecting the verses, right-clicking on them, choosing "Copy As" and selecting "Reference". This will copy the verses to the clipboard, and when you paste them in a document, only the references themselves will be copied (properly formatted of course!).

• Like 1

One other note, if you wish, instead of first bookmarking every verse, then at the end adding them to a Reference List, you can instead click in the verse you wish to 'save' and type Control-Command-R to add it to and any other selected verses to your reference list.

• Like 2

Thank you both very much! You saved me a lot of work. I guess I should have asked this question two years ago :-)

• Like 1