New Training DVD

techmate

Just got the accordance training DVD today. I watched only a few videos so far and can already tell its going to be a great resource for me. I dont like having to place the dvd in every-time I want to watch it, so Im transferring all the files to my HD first before I continue any further.

Cant wait to get into it some more.

Looking at the source code for the html files I see it was created using RapidWeaver. Thats cool. I love that application.

I have started the training DVD. I noticed the chapters of each book are in a bold blue color. Like shown in the image. But on my accordance its just regular text. Is this something specific to that particular Bible?

http://www.accordancebible.com/blog/uploaded_images/ESV-SE.jpg

You can set any text and reference style you want. Command (Apple key) + T brings up a dialogue. The picture you posted seems to have "reference" "style" set to "italics", color to "blue.

You can set any text and reference style you want. Command (Apple key) + T brings up a dialogue. The picture you posted seems to have "reference" "style" set to "italics", color to "blue.

Thank you EOIN, that was easy enough. Im sure the training DVD would have covered that eventually. Got a little impatient I guess. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I too have just received my training video and would like to thank those who produced it. It truly is an outstanding resource and has helped me enormously to understand how Accordance works.

Multis gratiis.

• 3 weeks later...
I have started the training DVD. I noticed the chapters of each book are in a bold blue color. Like shown in the image. But on my accordance its just regular text. Is this something specific to that particular Bible?

http://www.accordancebible.com/blog/uploaded_images/ESV-SE.jpg

I'd like to know the font settings David uses. They are pleasing to the eye.

I'd like to know the font settings David uses. They are pleasing to the eye.

I have mine set to

Font: Times New Roman

Color: Teal

Size: 16

It's pretty similar.

post-2252-1185240405_thumb.jpg

Yeah, Adobe Garamond has been my favorite text font for years, though Baskerville also has a nice elegant look. If I didn't have either of those, I would probably go with Palatino.

Just got the accordance training DVD today. I watched only a few videos so far and can already tell its going to be a great resource for me. I dont like having to place the dvd in every-time I want to watch it, so Im transferring all the files to my HD first before I continue any further.

Cant wait to get into it some more.

Looking at the source code for the html files I see it was created using RapidWeaver. Thats cool. I love that application.

I've watched most of it. Wow. I think I've talked a couple of others into purchasing it.

The stuff on making new user layers in the atlas was enough to make the DVD worth the price.

I've not seen the DVD. I'm sure it's worth the money.

I confess, however, that I have the opinion that it's in the best interest of software developers to freely offer manuals and tutorials, even those in video format. (Keep in mind that a free DVD would still have a price that covers media/shipping/handling.)

I'm curious if Oak Tree has considered webcasting the video tutorial segments. Perhaps bandwidth is an issue.

I love those products who exude that level of support, that have a video tutorial section of their website.

I agree with the fact that there should be some online web tutorials available other than the demos that are offered now. Even include the tutorial DVD with any of the Accordance packages. I guess it could be a waste because not everyone would need the DVD. So maybe just offer it at a small fee during checkout when someone purchases a package online. Like a $10 fee or something along that line. Charge the normal price when not purchased with a package. Having the tutorial really does unlock how powerful and useful accordance really is. The increased knowledge of how to use accordance and its features increases the value of accordance to the user.

Just my thoughts.

Having the tutorial really does unlock how powerful and useful accordance really is. The increased knowledge of how to use accordance and its features increases the value of accordance to the user.

Even more so, if a user sees an online vid on how to do something useful, they would think, "Wow, I need to add that module."

This is the same thing David does with the blog... he shows off features. But video is all the more powerful in showing examples.

Seeing what you can do will make users want to purchase more modules to be able to do it.

Users are happy... Oak Tree makes more mula. :)

Apple has an awesome web app offering video tutorials that demonstrates how cool such web support it, and how it serves as a marketing as well as a support tool:

www.apple.com/iwork/tutorials/

The demos page:

www.accordancebible.com/resources/downloads/demos.php

has the beginnings of some of this potential.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the Training DVD and enjoy it except for one section that doubles the speaker after the first few moments. If I listen careful I kinda get what is being said but then it is said again. I would like to get the section without that flaw..(an antiphonal DVD??). I hope nobody else has that problem.

The errant section is,

• 1 year later...

Wanted to add my 2 cents.

I have been using Accordance for many years now, and consider myself a proficient user. I purchased the training DVD recently.

The DVD arrived yesterday, and I have viewed all of the modules today barring some of the Advanced Topics. I would recommend that every user of Accordance buy this aid, and I would also recommend that it be included with every copy of Accordance that is sold in the future. It is one of the finest productions I have witnessed, and I have been involved in training and education for over 20 years, including the production and editing of multimedia presentations and delivery systems.

As some have commented, I do agree with having online delivery systems available to users, but understand there are some issues that suppliers need to work through. One simpler solution would be to make available a subset of the DVD online that would enable new users to get up to speed quickly. I believe this would have a number of advantages,

1) it would assist users to 'see' some of the hidden potential of Accordance that is not immediately obvious, enabling them to a higher level of post user satisfaction.

2) this in turn would produce more 'evangelists' for the product, resulting in greater market penetration for Accordance

3) once users had experienced the quality of the training, and experienced first hand the benefits, many would purchase the full DVD

After viewing the DVD, I was surprised by some of the features that I had not discovered, and was once again reminded of why I recommend Accordance to everyone that will listen. I have used a number of Windows programs over the years, Logos, BibleWorks, Bible Explorer and PC Study Bible. None of them came close to the functionality, usability and simplicity of Accordance, and for a user these are the fundamentals of a great application.

Often you do realise the value of something until after you have purchased it. I place the training DVD in that category.

Keep up the great work, OakTree, we appreciate your efforts.

Archived