VoiceOver Support for iOS App

OlegKostyuk

VoiceOver support is not only for visually impaired. I am using it to listen to Kindle books all the time. It can be an immense help in reading/studying/covering vast amounts of reading material.

As you probably know Kindle has an option of reading books to you if you choose VoiceOver function on your iPhone/iPad. The same function has been made available in Logos Bible Software App. What is important to note that it flips pages/scrolls automatically. However, Accordance does not have that option yet. So, I was wondering, if Accordance could look into it. For many students/faculty this is a very valuable function, since it allows to use time effectively and listen to books/pseudepigrapha/commentaries on the go as well as give some rest to the eyes. While I am aware that VoiceOver will not support Greek and Hebrew, it will be an immense aid to have it for English materials.

Please, let me know what are your thoughts about it and what do we, users, need to do to make this function available on Accordance.

Edited by OlegKostyuk
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes!  Absolutely, me too!

I had written to Accordance earlier in October with this request and they suggested I post my request here. 'So glad to see others are requesting this feature, too. \

- I read many books on my iPhone with the Kindle app set to Voice Over while walking and driving--I'd love to be able to do this same with my Accordance Library.

I would also appreciate this feature be added to the computer version of Accordance. At the present, it will only read what is selected;

- but having the software automatically turn the page would be great.

• 2 months later...

Please add voiceover functionality to the app! This would be so helpful for auditory learners!

• Like 1