User Note Syncing

bsheets

I have the latest versions of Accordance running on several devices - a macbook, an iPhone, and and iPad mini.  I sync my user notes via dropbox.  It looks like my macbook and my iPhone are syncing as I expect. But the iPad mini does not.  It indicates it is syncing with dropbox, but content created is not synced between devices.  

I looked in my dropbox folder and it looks like i have both .acc4 and .amynotes versions of my user notes.  I assume this is part of the problem.  Any suggestions on how to resolve it so content is not lost?

Thanks!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Sorry for your troubles, you are not the only one that had this problem when upgrading their user notes.

I recommend that you:

• rename the older user note (e.g. My Notes.acc4 to My Notes OLD.acc4) in your dropbox folder. I assume the iPad mini is using the older one.
  • On your iPad mini, “quit” Accordance Mobile and then go to Settings > Accordance > Reset User Content
  • Launch Accordance Mobile and do a dropbox sync. You should have a fresh copy of all your user content.
  • When you dropbox sync on your macbook and iPhone then you should have the renamed user note installed.
  • Unfortunately, you will have to manually merge the two user notes on your macbook.

Please let us know if there are any problems or if you need help,

Mike