Accordance within a household?

Ιακοβ

Is there a policy with regards to using accordance within a family?  

Specifically, can all household computers have accordance, and hence allow family members within your household to use your library. Does my wife need to separately buy all the good commentaries, essentially forcing us to buy everything twice? If this is the case, then physical copies of commentaries in the like is a much more affordable proposition?

That is a good question... legally speaking as I understand most end user agreements you probably should each have one... but in practice most companies allow members of a household to share their Libraries... So when little Dick or Jane move out they have to buy their own. But you will have to hear from Accordance for their actual policy. SEE BELOW

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis

http://www.accordancebible.com/Legal

• Single User

Accordance must fulfill its obligations to publishers to account for and pay royalties on each copy of their works. Therefore our license policies are designed to protect publishers and authors, and not only Accordance.

When you purchase Accordance you are in fact purchasing a license for just one user. We try to be flexible, therefore we allow you to install Accordance:

on up to 5 computers or mobile devices for your own use,

on a single computer for use by more than one user,

or for family members if it is for occasional personal use only (rather than professional or intensive student use).

Edited by Dan Francis
  • Like 1

so I know the Mac AppStore's one. If you have activated the Family Sharing see:

Under Information on the right side.

Family Sharing: Yes

http://www.accordancebible.com/Legal

• Single User

Accordance must fulfill its obligations to publishers to account for and pay royalties on each copy of their works. Therefore our license policies are designed to protect publishers and authors, and not only Accordance.

When you purchase Accordance you are in fact purchasing a license for just one user. We try to be flexible, therefore we allow you to install Accordance:

on up to 5 computers or mobile devices for your own use,

on a single computer for use by more than one user,

or for family members if it is for occasional personal use only (rather than professional or intensive student use).

Thats good to know. My wife certainly fits under the category of "family members" "for occasional personal use".

We both use Accordance, and each of us has a desktop, laptop, iPad, and iPhone.  We bought a second license so now have two licenses for the Essential Collection.

Hello Julie

Is it correct, that the second license was with 30% for you or your husband? 

Greetings

Fabian

Yes, it is, and that helped a lot.  I think that is the same discount that is available to students, pastors, and academics.  

Thanks, I'm not sure but I believe the other discounts are 20% and only the "All in All" is 30% too.

So Accordance can this add to the discount page.

Greetings

Fabian

The students to whom we gifted Accordance got it for ~$35 when the price was $50 for the Starter Collection.  Maybe someone from Accordance will clarify.

There are many different discounts and special offers. Most of the individual discounts available online are 10% of regular prices. Family licenses offer 30% for items that both members purchase. There are options for group purchases and for bulk purchases by bookstores and schools. There are also programs for schools to require software in their classes, and for those students to purchase with a special discount.

Anyone with a question on any of these issues is welcome to email us for details of these programs.

• 1 year later...

There are many different discounts and special offers. Most of the individual discounts available online are 10% of regular prices. Family licenses offer 30% for items that both members purchase. There are options for group purchases and for bulk purchases by bookstores and schools. There are also programs for schools to require software in their classes, and for those students to purchase with a special discount.

Anyone with a question on any of these issues is welcome to email us for details of these programs.

Hi, please can you update the legal page to elaborate on situations using Accordance from the Mac App Store (under Family Sharing).

I get we can share the Accordance programme "for family members if it is for occasional personal use only (rather than professional or intensive student use)." Please distinguish between the Accordance program and the modules/versions/commentaries etc.

I do not think that Accordance participates in the Family Sharing of the Mac App Store. Our policy applies to both the application and the contents, they should only be shared on an occasional basis within the family. We do offer considerable discounts for multiple licenses within the family.

I think you will find that it says that it does, at least for Acc 11 in the UK Mac App Store.

post-101-0-40705600-1507884011_thumb.png

I think you will find that it says that it does, at least for Acc 11 in the UK Mac App Store.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-13 at 09.38.09.png

and in the Aussie one too.

I stand corrected, but the Family Sharing applies only to the free or basic app and its included contents. It is not legal for additional purchased content whether through the App Store or directly from our website.

• Like 1

I stand corrected, but the Family Sharing applies only to the free or basic app and its included contents. It is not legal for additional purchased content whether through the App Store or directly from our website.

You should put that on your website; that is exactly the scenario I was thinking of. You can share the app but you cannot share any modules you have purchased /licensed in your Accordance account.

It makes sense. It's like saying I can share Final Cut Pro that I have in my Mac App Store account, but not any third party plug-ins that I also have.

In the case of Accordance, the third-party plug-ins are not third-party, but come form the same developer as the base program.

Edited by Alistair
  • Like 1