Catalan Bible Translation

gdogr

A request for licensing terms has been sent to the publisher. Waiting to hear back.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi, I've had contact with the Trinitarian Bible Society who say that there hasn't been contact yet. However it seems that they are open to it.

I have a specific contact person there you could get in touch with. This would be great help for those of us working with catalan translations!

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Again, I would like to repeat that I have had contact with persons within the TBS who are willing to collaborate with Accordance to make the catalan Bible available… Since there is not one Catalan translation available, this would be a great addition!

Feel free to contact me for the contact info that person!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Nearly 3 in words three, years are gone. 

Has this request gone down the road as the others?

• 1 year later...

There is also another Request for this Bible.

Or in other words: years passed away and nothing happens.

Edited by Fabian

• 4 weeks later...

Y’all might want to post under module request, not feature request. Feature and module are two different things.

Y’all might want to post under module request, not feature request. Feature and module are two different things.

In earlier years this was the same thread, and then Accordance split them up, but not all gone to the right thread. This is from 2015 maybe it was an older post than the split.

Accordance can move it or the thread starter should do what you advice.

Edited by Fabian

Aaah I didn’t know that. It makes sense to split them up, though.

There is also another Request for this Bible.

Or in other words: years passed away and nothing happens.

Years have passed and there have only been two requests for this translation. It would seem prudent to invest our not-unlimited resources in other directions.

Years have passed and there have only been two requests for this translation. It would seem prudent to invest our not-unlimited resources in other directions.

I would half agree if the import of User Bibles would not be as half backed as it is at the moment. 

Or with other words: Accordance is dead for Bibles. If Accordance avoid all the time to bring Bibles, the user recognize that and don't do request for new Bibles.

I probably would buy it, too. So that makes three, right? :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Dear all, 

The Trinitarian Bible Society has now its Catalan Bible online. Maybe it is time to consider this again. Also to be considered are the Montserrat Abbey translation, the Bíblia Evangèlica Catalana and the Bíblia Catalana Interconfessional (BCI).

Thanks once more to consider this. Thanks, @Fabian, for insisting.

• 11 months later...

I would also like to have more bible translations including Catalan available on Accordance. Why is it so difficult? It doesn't have to be tagged or anything. Hope you will consider adding more versions as they had on BibleWorks.

I really thought I would find it on the accordance store because it was on BibleWorks, so its really disappointing to see that Accordance can't fully replace BibleWorks. 

Does anyone who still runs BibleWorks know if the Catalan bible is under copyright? Could someone import this into Accordance or is it illegal? 

Moving this to Module Requests so we can track it better. Does anyone have a publisher name we can look at for one?

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 11:40 PM, Guido Groeneveld said:

Trinitarian Bible Society has now its Catalan Bible online.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:40 PM, Guido Groeneveld said:

Others are also mentioned above.

But I think the import from Bible Works will be a breeze if it is legal or if you can get permission.

Thanks! Trinitarian Bible Society might be a good option since we've spoken to them in the past.

We'd have to know more about the edition in BibleWorks to find out if it's something pubic domain, from another licensing source, or something BibleWorks-owned.

• Thanks 1

Here is the info from BibleWorks:

BCI, Bíblia Catalana Interconfessional
Bíblia catalana, traducció interconfessional, 12th ed. (1993/2008)
Copyright © 2013 Associació Bíblica de Catalunya, Editorial Claret, and Societats Bíbliques Unides

@Nathan Parker if you could get permission it would be very easy to import into Accordance.

Thanks! That seems to be a Bible society. We'll see what we can do.

• Thanks 1

I imported the text into Accordance and it worked perfectly. 

If you can get permission to use this text, then we can share this as a user bible.

Otherwise, I'm just using it for myself in the meantime...

As a User Bible, you're welcome to reach out to the Bible Society who publishes it and see if they'll grant you permission to share it (then we can post it on the Exchange). We only work on licenses for official modules.

• Like 1