SALE! New American Commentary (42 volumes)

R. Mansfield

This week save up to $200 on the New American Commentary (42 volumes) for the Accordance Library. 

Features of the NAC:
  • Vast in scope; currently 42 volumes in all
  • Commentary based on the New International Version (NIV)
  • Sound scholarly methodology reflecting capable research in the original languages
  • Interpretation emphasizing the theological unity of each book and Scripture as a whole
  • Readable and applicable exposition
  • Insightful and technical, aimed at the serious Bible scholar
  • Over 40 scholars worked on the complete set
  • Thorough verse-by-verse analysis

Already have volumes of the NAC in your Accordance Library? We have special deals on upgrades, too!

Special sale price on the NAC cannot be combined with other discounts and will end on November 9, 2015 (11:59 pm EST).

See today's blog post for more information.

It is a very good set... I own it in WordSearch and find it pretty good. I do not consider it one of my favourites, but it most useful... Here is small sample from my studies of Revelation 10 yesterday: 

The seer of Patmos must consume the whole scroll! He cannot approach his assignment as though it were a cafeteria line, indulging the sweet while avoiding the "bitter herbs." Neither can he reverse his culinary habit. He must eat or assimilate the whole scroll. When it has become a part of who he is, then he must faithfully proclaim both. Some witnesses rejoice to speak of love, grace, and the honey of God's blessings but are loath to declare faithfully God's justice and judgment. Others almost appear like school yard bullies, always ready to pound people with impending judgment while stressing infrequently, if at all, the love of the Lord. Either witness is inadequate, failing to have assimilated the whole counsel of God or, worse, having understood it, but failing to share all that God has said with his hearers. Great preachers, faithful witnesses grasp all that they can of the words and ways of God and then faithfully proclaim all that they grasp. This was John's great assignment from Patmos. Pastors and all the saints share in this great commission. —Paige Patterson, New American Commentary – Volume 39: Revelation

-Dan