Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,580 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:17 AM

Hi ya,

Testing on Windows - not near my Mac.

Both links above work fine from a browser - firefox.

Neither work in Zotero notes or in LibreOffice. In either of these tools when I click on the link I get a error dialog saying "Then entry "69" cannot be found." Well in the case of 4325 then 4325 not 69. But basically they aren't being passed into Acc. properly for some reason. Not sure where the fault lies.

I think there is a problem with search field names which have punctuation or strange characters in them in some tools. So while Strong's Number doesn't work as a search field from Zotero I can get this link to work just fine : accord://search/KM_Hebrew_Dictionary;Titles?Verbal

Another example that doesn't work from Zotero : accord://search/LSJ;Greek_Entry?επιχειρεω

Probably the space in the search field name I would think. I've tried %20 in there also to no avail.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler, 09 November 2015 - 02:23 AM.

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Crib Sheets: http://47rooks.com/l...ch-crib-sheets/

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

#22 Larry Wing

Larry Wing

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

This morning I tried to start up Accordance 11.1 but it wouldn't start at all. I ended up talking to Tech Support and had to go back to 11.0.8 for now so I'll wait until the next update of 11.1 just in case there's something with 11.1 that my system doesn't like.

#23 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:Photography, running and coffee (lots of coffee...)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

I've been trying to find a way to use the Location URL along with Evernote.  Unfortunately Evernote has not yet been updated to receive third party URL's.  I have written to Evernote Tech team and they assure me they are working on a fix.  One of their forum users has written a script to make the link (after it has been pasted) to go live.   He's confident it should also work with other word processors and note apps.  

I run his script through automator, so that after pasting the link, I highlight the text and run the script with a simple Keystroke.  That then converts the dormant link to a live link.  

I've included his script here and a link to the Evernote thread that resulted in the script being written.

thanks to jmicheals for his work.  

https://discussion.e...ing-a-url-link/

Attached Files

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn, 16 November 2015 - 11:19 AM.

Paul M.

Pastor.

All things Apple, iMac, Air, iPad, iPhone.

Long term Accordance user. (10 years).  v.13.

#24 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:Photography, running and coffee (lots of coffee...)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:13 PM

I've tweeked the script so that after copying the Location URL you jump over to evernote (or most other text apps). Run the script and it will paste the live link... (just a few less steps)

(Do remember that all this is only necessary for apps that are not recognising the live link)

Full credit still given to Michaels for his great work.

Attached Files

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn, 16 November 2015 - 05:16 PM.

Paul M.

Pastor.

All things Apple, iMac, Air, iPad, iPhone.

Long term Accordance user. (10 years).  v.13.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 11.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users