Trouble with user notes: Notes order, keyboard

Davki

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble using User Notes. While Accordance crashes when I try to access notes from a text, I was able to create a new User Notes file and went into editing mode just by clicking into the Notes window.

Now here's the problem: I'm trying to write notes to my Ugaritic Database. However, first of all, there is a 'Notes order' (apparently some Bible version), which I can't change and which obviously doesn't apply.

Secondly, I cannot use the selected (on the Mac) keyboard; Accordance only seems to offer three possibilitites: Default, Hebrew, Greek. Now, I use transcription quite heavily and there is, unfortunately no way of inputting it. Don't know exactly what Accordance uses as 'default'. At any rate, it would be great for Accordance to just go with the system-wide keyboard.

Thanks for any advice.

- David

If you choose Default you are using the system-wide keyboard. You just need to know how to enter the diacriticals in Unicode. The only other solution for now might be to enter with Rosetta font in another area of Accordance (or another application) and paste it into the User Notes so Accordance converts it for you.

The Notes Order pop-up menu will apply when you have notes on Texts in this Notes file.

Dear Helen,

Thanks for the reply. As far as I could ascertain (Acc keeps crashing on me), it is not my global keyboard that Accordance uses when going to 'default'.

In fact, I have my own custom keyboard selected, the one I use to enter text in transcription. Entering diacritics etc. in Unicode is not the problem, it's Accordance not recongnising the proper keyboard.