Syntax module don't work properly

Fabian

Hello

In the preface video it looks different than in my one.

If I mouse-over over a character e.g. from the Syntax Tree then it doesn't highlight in the NA28 Greek NT (with and without Sigla) instead of highlighting all the words that occurs that character.

Greetings

Fabian

Hey Fabian,

I assume by character you mean the N or X or so on. It works fine for me. A screenshot might help if you can get one. Are you by any chance using a Teal background colour on the text pane ?

thx

D

Yes you are correct the X, N, P etc.

But strange I had Accordance closed and opened and it works. Mmmh O.K. try again. Oooh the same crash like before...

Ah I found the bug! 

Open a Bible (english or whatever), open in parallel NA28 Greek NT, open Syntax, then it doesn't work.

When I open first the NA28 Greek NT, and then the Syntax it works.

To quote Helen after the release of 11: Where are the Beta Tester?

Interesting. Ok during beta testing (I am a beta tester) I didn't try this. I never use the syntax that way really. Hmmm....

Ok tried your test case and I can repro. what you see. I don't know this for sure but I suspect this is how it works for a parallel setup like this.

If you change the search text in the pull down next to the search box to NA28 Greek but leave all the panes as you set them, then the cross highlighting works.

I believe this may be a consequence of which pane in the tab is considered to drive the parallel panes.

Tx

D

My default Bible is one which are the closest to my native language and then I add the module which I want to use as next. So came this...

Is it by U also that in the scenario which I describe above Accordance sometimes crash by scrolling throuh the Syntax or Diagramm?

Greetings

Fabian

I did see some during beta. I haven't used syntax much since then but if there are crashes try to get the crash report and open a new topic on it and Oaktree can take a look.

Tx

D

Thanks I had it send to Joel, it was one which Apple creates and not Accordance.

Greetings

Fabian